1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm Still Confused

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by usctacoma, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Jul 2, 2009 at 7:23 AM
    usctacoma

usctacoma [OP] Be a thinker, not a stinker

Member:
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
    Tint, Black Badges, Firestone Destination 265-70-17s, Weathertech Floor Liners, Sockmonkey decals, Flowmaster 40, Defiant light bar, 4 5" PIAA 540s, BHLM, 5100s @ .85, eibach springs, 1/4" Toytec spacer, 2" Toytec AAL, painted grill, UWS tool box
    Okay. So I think I'm ready to put a lift on my truck. But I'm still confused on what I need, and if what I picked out is okay. I want to put this lift on. The toytec spacers for those of your too lazy to click the link. I am goin to college next year and will be doing a lot of highway miles with very minimal offroading. I've heard mixed reviews of spacers, and was just wondering if this would be okay for me. Also, would this be okay with the stock PreRunner suspension?

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Commifornia
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    To much to list...see sig for more...
    Me personally I would suggest the Toy Tec/OME coil spring lift kit for better ride.

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 2:33 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    You'll need new UCA's to get your camber fully in spec with a 3" spacer.

4. Jul 2, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    usctacoma

usctacoma [OP] Be a thinker, not a stinker

Member:
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Doublecab
    Tint, Black Badges, Firestone Destination 265-70-17s, Weathertech Floor Liners, Sockmonkey decals, Flowmaster 40, Defiant light bar, 4 5" PIAA 540s, BHLM, 5100s @ .85, eibach springs, 1/4" Toytec spacer, 2" Toytec AAL, painted grill, UWS tool box
    damnit. thats just what i didnt want to hear. All that means is more money. Oh well. I guess I'll save up and do it the right way and skip the spacers all together.

5. Jul 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Could just get Bilstien 5100's and set them at 2.5" on the front.

6. Aug 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    DrRuss

DrRuss Hard Rock is what U Drive on

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    High Desert Near Morongo Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '02 Taco Rojo TRD Off-Road
    Toy-Tec 3" Coil-over Suspension Lift front, OME/ Dakar Leaf Spring with Long Travel Bilstien Shocks Rear, Trail Gear F/R Bumpers and Rock Sliders, Bud Built IFS and belly pan skid, AEM Cold Air Intake, Warn 8000M winch, various and sundried trail scars...
    Saving up to do it "right" is a good plan. The Tacoma is a very capable truck in it's stock configuration. I had to wait until the old suspension was shot and now I can justify the work. For me going with new Bilstien shocks and new coils with new rear reservoir shocks and OME leaf springs will upgrade from original while allowing for 255/85/16s. I may need a little trim but overall it is a reasonable fit. Spacers, body lifts and the like are IMO mere "pretenders" and ultimately you will see the difference when rubber hits the dirt.

To Top