1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Incompetent NorCal dealer trade

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by Bear Flag, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Mar 25, 2017 at 12:32 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toyota won't do that. At. All. All they'll do is have a person from the dealership contact you about your complaint.

Seriously.

The best thing you can do is a yelp review and send any business elsewhere.

If you want other dealers you have had a at least two of us offer personal contacts, so either way, hopefully you can get a better experience elsewhere.

2. Mar 25, 2017 at 12:34 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    I guess I'd say if anyone considers using Yelp as a method of contact and person to person communication, they'd be a moron.

Using Yelp as a review service, is what it's meant to be.

RugglesTarlek likes this.
  3. Mar 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM
    Itchyfeet

Itchyfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yelp is a two sided blackmail service. The one end is the "customer looking to get a free sandwich " and the other is "Yelp looking to squeeze businesses for helping with reviews." Anyone who puts credit into Yelp "filtered" reviews an idiot, moron and a child.

4. Mar 25, 2017 at 12:43 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    I think I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore.

EDDO likes this.
  5. Mar 25, 2017 at 12:48 PM
    1999RegCab

1999RegCab Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cacti Land, AZ
    Vehicle:
    1999 Reg Cab, 2.7, 5 speed
    3-link SAS
    OP, I really don't understand why you are so upset about this.

This place did not do business to your satisfaction. Stupid shit like this happens at times unfortunately. Get your money back and move on. It is really not the end of the world. Another dealer will be glad to take your money and sell you the vehicle you want ...even if you need to expand your search farther away.

synaps3 and T4RFTMFW like this.
  6. Mar 25, 2017 at 12:51 PM
    Itchyfeet

Itchyfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ah how cute tsk tsk

7. Mar 25, 2017 at 1:00 PM
    RugglesTarlek

RugglesTarlek Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    basic basic basic 14 AC
    Some people definitely use yelp (and other review services) as a virtual festivus. It doesn't take too much smarts to figure out who got crappy/good service and who's just whining/shilling. I use yelp to compliment good service, call out bad service (like the time a pharmacy called me a liar to my face), and get a general sense of a business. If nobody did that, and/or the reviews were universally unreliable, then the business probably wouldn't exist.

8. Mar 25, 2017 at 7:22 PM
    synaps3

synaps3 Wag more bark less

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Los Alamos, NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 White SR5 4x4 DCLB
    SOS armor, ARE MX walk-in, Fox coils, Dakar leafs, etc
    Dealers exist to sell you cars. Cars are commodities. A Taco at the dealership you put your deposit on is no different from a Taco at the dealership that's probably ~15 miles away if you're in a metro area.

I had TWO dealerships pull this shit on me. Just get your deposit back, disputing the charge or cancelling the check if you have to, and find another dealership that has the EXACT truck you want in stock.

You will get a better price anyways if the dealer does not have to perform a transfer.

9. Mar 25, 2017 at 7:32 PM
    Taco de Carnista

Taco de Carnista Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigan
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OFF ROAD
    the op sound like a person from the bay area for sure, let me guess? trump is not your president lol.

10. Mar 25, 2017 at 7:42 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Nothing wrong with Yelping if you're respectful and accurate. Handing in your man card only happens when you Yelp like a douche.

T4RFTMFW likes this.
  11. Mar 26, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    Bear Flag

Bear Flag [OP] Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Did you read all the way though the thread? The "hold up" is the dealer trade got screwed up not once but twice, and the other dealer sold it to someone else. I already talked to my salesman face to face, he had no good answers for me and would have to walk off and talk to someone else for every single thing I asked him. It was like no one else would even talk to me. I quickly got sick of it and left.

And "passive activity for cowards"? Give me a break. We're not living in a world where you can challenge someone to a duel. Letting interested parties know the facts of dealing with a business is how it works.

I have my doubts that making a comment on Yelp amounts to "incinerating what might be my servicing dealer". I have an uncle who used to work as a mechanic at several Nissan dealerships, and he said he virtually never talked to the sales guys.

12. Mar 26, 2017 at 8:55 AM
    Bear Flag

Bear Flag [OP] Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Well, I loathe dealing with sales reps to begin with, so there's the hassle of negotiating with them, then having to start over. I did quickly get my deposit back, to the Walnut Creek dealer's credit. I was looking forward to a new truck, but now I've got crap like taxes and other stuff to deal with for a while before I can try again.

Thanks again to everyone for the replies and offers of good dealers and sales reps.

13. Mar 26, 2017 at 9:21 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Dealer trades are a cluster. I was originally going for the trade because color and options weren't what I wanted. In the end, the dealer with what I wanted wouldn't do the trade but I still got what I wanted-mostly because I was willing to walk away.

14. Mar 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
  15. Mar 30, 2017 at 11:42 AM
    Baoser

Baoser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Pittsburg, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad
    Sales people at Sunnyvale Toyota don't give a flying shit btw. I ended up purchasing from Vallejo Toyota. Little out of the way but they had what I wanted and less "middle men" to deal with.

th365thli and RugglesTarlek like this.
  16. Apr 4, 2017 at 11:32 PM
    DATZ WEAKSAUCE

DATZ WEAKSAUCE Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    17 DCLB TRD OFF ROAD LT PROJECT
    if you're looking for a 3rd gen Freeman toyota in santa rosa is the place to buy! i made the trip out there from san jose was definitely worth it none of the dealers in the south and eastbay would match their price! they didnt bull shit me no run around gave me the price quoted in the email no hassle and the finance lady was super cool and helpful

Baoser likes this.
  17. Apr 4, 2017 at 11:55 PM
    nudavinci64

nudavinci64 Robert @ Holy Horsepower

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Mateo/Cayucos, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 S/C TRD OffRoad 4x4
    Boosted Money Pit....
    I do not recall the group but there is a customer satisfaction or something along with dealing with customers that feel they have been screwed. You kind of have to follow up still. As noted you can talk to the sales manager and follow up with Toyota directly.

18. Apr 4, 2017 at 11:58 PM
    nudavinci64

nudavinci64 Robert @ Holy Horsepower

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Mateo/Cayucos, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 S/C TRD OffRoad 4x4
    Boosted Money Pit....
    k
    I feel you there. Seems to be that way with all the Sunnyvale locations. I ended up getting my truck from Magnuson in Palo Alto. Direct price, slighty over invoice going through the fleet/internet manager (this was for a 2013 2nd gen) but none the less great.

I had almost bought it from Putnam in Burlingame when they tried to throw in a mark up on me. Went to Magnuson and they traded Putnam for the truck (almost $3k cheaper).

Baoser[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Apr 7, 2017 at 11:13 AM
    th365thli

th365thli Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab
    F the Sunnyvale dealership. The sales manager said to my face that their 500 MSRP price was the best in the area and I could go to 17 other dealers and end up without a truck. It's regular dealer bullshit but he was so goddamn condescending. Ended up getting mine from Melody Toyota. They were terse and not the friendliest people, but it was no bullshit. Gave me a sheet with all the fees and prices, it even had their dealer holdback amount. They offered only 100 over invoice. The Bay Area is such a drag sometimes. The traffic and amount of people and cost of living makes everyone on edge and not down to earth. Miss the South tbh (though I don't miss the racism XD). Tacomas are in high demand. Coupled with the area's absolutely retarded sales tax, good luck finding a good deal.

nudavinci64[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Apr 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM
    Ez2Tan

Ez2Tan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Quicksand Tacoma OR
    Same here! I just bought a trd OR last week and I couldn't be any happier from Freeman in Santa Rosa. That's funny to hear that Quicksand in OR MT is strange, since I just happened to get that exact model. The drive won't be far considering the head ache and sales quality that you're going to receive. This is coming from someone who drove 5 hours down the 101 to pick up the truck.

As for pricing, I paid 3k under msrp.

Products Discussed in

To Top