1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Inferno Thread

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by frymy14, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Feb 25, 2021 at 8:24 PM
    Goldstar34

Goldstar34 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Extended Cab Inferno
    Bakflip. Redback Spider Gear shift knob
    Just reading about the poor guys who were part of the first Iwo Jima flag razing. One of the survivors said, he spent the rest of his life being called a liar and being accused of, what we now call stolen valor. Right after they razed the first flag, The Japanese came out of their tunnels inside the rim of Mount Suribachi and a bloody battle ensued!

2. Feb 25, 2021 at 8:29 PM
    Goldstar34

Goldstar34 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Extended Cab Inferno
    Bakflip. Redback Spider Gear shift knob
    The Tiger had Intense Orange in 2011. I was mad, I bought my Thruxton that year, and about a week later the new Tiger came out!

Cuffs likes this.
  3. Feb 25, 2021 at 8:51 PM
    Hellvillain

Hellvillain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Long Island/Sullivan County
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport Inferno
    Fudge, I gotta catch up in the infernoness, I haven't posted in the thread for a while.
    IMG_3582.jpg

I had those Tyger steps before my sliders, I didn't like the stars either, a little skateboard grip tape fixed that right up!

Gotta say, I really like the amber on the taillights. Is it vinyl?

My sport came with inferno bumper caps. AND I'm cutting my rear for a HC by the end of the year, so if you're still in the market by then, I'll send mine to ya, I'll have no need for them.

4. Feb 25, 2021 at 9:17 PM
    Tiny's Taco

Tiny's Taco The Wanderer

Member:
    Shenandoah Valley
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno TRD Sport
    That's a horrible idea. What time?
    There has been a fair amount of controversy about it. That is a shame. Instead of focusing and commending these Marines who fought for a month over that piece of rock, people who very little connection decide to fight over a picture. Just show them some respect. We could be speaking German or Japanese as a national language if it wasn't for this generation of hero's.

5. Feb 26, 2021 at 5:07 AM
    Johnny balls

Johnny balls STILL NOT AN ADULT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2016 inferno dcsb
    Big sticker guy Lots of wasted money
    tough men make good times, good times make soft people, soft people argue from their computers about what their protectors did or didn't do.

6. Feb 26, 2021 at 5:11 AM
    Scott17818

Scott17818 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Midcoast Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB OR
    methodMR305NV, 265/70/17duratracs, ARB RTT, DITCH Lights
  7. Feb 26, 2021 at 7:01 AM
    Tacoma~Gal

Tacoma~Gal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '23 LR OR
    Been contemplating putting a bug shield on mine. Not necessarily for the bugs, but to cover up the rock chips along the front edge of the hood.

Your truck looks great!

.劉煒 and Cuffs like this.
  8. Feb 26, 2021 at 7:10 AM
    Scott17818

Scott17818 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Midcoast Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB OR
    methodMR305NV, 265/70/17duratracs, ARB RTT, DITCH Lights
    I thought about taking mine off, but kind of like it.. it came with the truck as well as the AVS window shades.. although it came with the exterior mounted ones I swapped them for the in channel ones the past summer. looks a LOT better.. got my MC LCA gusset kit installed this past sunday, so now My CBI skids can go on. an once the tax return hits my checking account I'll be doing a CMC/BMC pinch welds mod, and putting on some 295/70/17 yokohama g003's. and OVTUNE.

Tacoma~Gal[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Feb 26, 2021 at 9:54 AM
    PhatLoad

PhatLoad Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phat
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tacoma ORDC
    Sweet, thank you so much! I'll definitely take you up on that once I start planning my trip in detail.

10. Feb 26, 2021 at 12:27 PM
    elmontemike

elmontemike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike

So true. Well said. The American history that we were taught is different from what they’re teaching in the schools today.

11. Feb 26, 2021 at 12:27 PM
    elmontemike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike

Inferno’s look Bad Ass in the snow !!!

.劉煒 and Cuffs like this.
  12. Feb 26, 2021 at 2:26 PM
    Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Canyon NP. Formerly of Zion & Yosemite NPs
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 DCSB/2021 4R MGM Nightshade
    not quite in DNF, but just a few miles from the house

A8A1C8B0-5F09-485F-8758-164F0ABF2E02.jpg

TSAVO, Tacoma~Gal, kite_325 and 3 others like this.
  13. Feb 26, 2021 at 5:32 PM
    CmdrTrekk

CmdrTrekk Dante & Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno TRD OR
    Got a really good trash can for the back seat that I'm kind of excited about. ;) Tinted the front windows and windshield strip Glovebox and Console dividers MESO Hi/Lo LED Dome and Sylvania map lights Upgraded Sylvania down road halogen headlights Toyota Bed lights Tailgate Power Lock Anytime Backup Camera on front with switch MESO Customs Puddle Lights w/ switch OEM Roof Rack TRD Air Filter K&N Cabin Air filter MESO Customs Gasshole MESO Customs pocket switch plate ARB Awning w/ sides and back Taco Vinyl radio knob Mountain Hatch Tailgate Panel Midland MXT275 with clean set up and Ghost Antenna on roof Tonneau Cover - full fold up Cali-raised Lower bumper light bar Baja Designs ditch lights Icon Add a leaf 2” rear lift Bilstein 5100 OME 2” medium weight coil spring (settled at 1.5” lift all around) Rear diff breather relocation TacoMods ECT gear shift button KTJO4x4 A-Pillar Handle KTJO4x4 B-pillar handles RAV4 spot mirror Exhaust Re-route The last Mobtown Hidden Hitch Rear Bumper Greenlane Off road Aluminum low profile front bumper RCI Full skid plates + Cat guards Fuel Tank Skid plate Heated seats Battery Upgrade to larger AGM Soundskins sound dampening kit Randy Ellis Rock Sliders Remote Start and GPS Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT 31" tires Fumoto Valve oil pan upgrade TRD Radiator Cap Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator Oversized Cupholders Total lift: 1.5” body lift .5” ground lift On the list: Re-Gear? Speaker upgrade? Greenlane Bumper Wings?
    Yes, here you go: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BL3QC3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got the Camp Chef flexible hose adapter for 1lb propane tanks yesterday because the bent elbow was taking up so much room. Here's how that looked in practice last weekend.

IMG_4708.jpg

Goldstar34 and Cuffs like this.
  14. Feb 26, 2021 at 5:37 PM
    CmdrTrekk

CmdrTrekk Dante & Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno TRD OR
    Got a really good trash can for the back seat that I'm kind of excited about. ;) Tinted the front windows and windshield strip Glovebox and Console dividers MESO Hi/Lo LED Dome and Sylvania map lights Upgraded Sylvania down road halogen headlights Toyota Bed lights Tailgate Power Lock Anytime Backup Camera on front with switch MESO Customs Puddle Lights w/ switch OEM Roof Rack TRD Air Filter K&N Cabin Air filter MESO Customs Gasshole MESO Customs pocket switch plate ARB Awning w/ sides and back Taco Vinyl radio knob Mountain Hatch Tailgate Panel Midland MXT275 with clean set up and Ghost Antenna on roof Tonneau Cover - full fold up Cali-raised Lower bumper light bar Baja Designs ditch lights Icon Add a leaf 2” rear lift Bilstein 5100 OME 2” medium weight coil spring (settled at 1.5” lift all around) Rear diff breather relocation TacoMods ECT gear shift button KTJO4x4 A-Pillar Handle KTJO4x4 B-pillar handles RAV4 spot mirror Exhaust Re-route The last Mobtown Hidden Hitch Rear Bumper Greenlane Off road Aluminum low profile front bumper RCI Full skid plates + Cat guards Fuel Tank Skid plate Heated seats Battery Upgrade to larger AGM Soundskins sound dampening kit Randy Ellis Rock Sliders Remote Start and GPS Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT 31" tires Fumoto Valve oil pan upgrade TRD Radiator Cap Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator Oversized Cupholders Total lift: 1.5” body lift .5” ground lift On the list: Re-Gear? Speaker upgrade? Greenlane Bumper Wings?
  15. Feb 26, 2021 at 6:57 PM
    elmontemike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike

I like it enough to steal your idea! Looks great!

CmdrTrekk[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Feb 26, 2021 at 6:58 PM
    elmontemike

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike

Wow!!! That’s awesome!!!

Cuffs[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Feb 26, 2021 at 7:00 PM
    Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Canyon NP. Formerly of Zion & Yosemite NPs
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 DCSB/2021 4R MGM Nightshade
    I got the hose that goes to a regular size tank and never run out of fuel or uses those wasted 1-# canisters. (While steel is recyclable, hardly any places take them )

18. Feb 26, 2021 at 7:29 PM
    CmdrTrekk

CmdrTrekk Dante & Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno TRD OR
    A local used gear shop started a 1lb propane exchange program with LittleKamper. They use heavier steel legally refillable tanks (you can see in the picture). Now I just have 3 tanks forever. Much smaller and lighter. (Might get 4-6 for longer trips as needed). Could refill myself too without exploding too!

8F9D8176-BCB3-4BA3-AAD0-5B3ACAC312BA.jpg

Cuffs[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Feb 26, 2021 at 7:29 PM
    CmdrTrekk

CmdrTrekk Dante & Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno TRD OR
    the Tacoma logo is 13” wide so check the size you want

elmontemike[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Feb 26, 2021 at 9:22 PM
    kite_325

kite_325 A simple human, being

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR
    It is vinyl by tacovinyl. A lot of people go for that blacked out vinyl but since yellow was offered that worked better for me. I have meso's stage 1 switchbacks that use the reverse lights as both reverse and turn signals

elmontemike likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top