1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Inflation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by THExBUSxDRIVER, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Oct 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Huh? :) Didn't come out right.:eek:

2. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER [OP] Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    Murphy you're seriously losing me haha

3. Oct 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD

Well, for one thing it's good to hear that someone in my age group is listening to Glenn Beck and is concerned about whats going on.

2nd It's also cool to know someone who listens to punk music (just like me), shares the same concerns. Considering that most people that listen to punk music swing to the left, or just don't know what they're talking about.

Yes, I'm very concerned about this. This is the most money any Administration has ever spent, including all other administrations combined.

It's going to take many many years to pay it off. I'm very worried about the future of this country.

It just doesn't feel the same anymore........

4. Oct 29, 2010 at 5:54 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    Actually while we're on the subject of common sense, it's a proven fact that, right or wrong, war is good for the economy.

5. Oct 29, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    WRONG... http://www.politifact.com/virginia/...antor-tells-jon-stewart-us-spent-more-past-t/

It's ironic how many so called conservatives are so concerned about the deficit when it's used to nation build the USA, but when it comes to war and nation building of countries that hate us, that's ok with the conservatives. Yet let's not fund unemployement benefits, let's not fund items that would truely help out an American rather than an Iraqi or Afghan. This economy of crap was not created in less than two years, it took eight apparently forgettable years by the right to create this mess. It's not going to get cleaned up in less than two years.

As for Glenn Beck goes, if people are listening to him, that is why so many of them are misinformed. http://www.politifact.com/personalities/glenn-beck/statements/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1bZ-TiX8rA&feature=player_embedded

6. Oct 29, 2010 at 7:07 AM
    knayrb

knayrb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    A big NO on the printing of money. Economics 101 lesson 1. Google it and read why.

7. Oct 29, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    cabarbhab

cabarbhab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Mary Esther, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OR 4x4
    we will never get anywhere if we keep blaming it on a democrats or republicans. the problem is both democrats and republicans. and this problem hasnt originated with obama, or bush. they both have made it much worse, but our current economic problems have been in the making for a long time. i blame it on a few things all working together. the creation of the federal reserve 100 years ago, all of the entitlement programs (i.e. social security, medicare, medicade, welfare), our needless massive overseas military empire, and a giant lack of fiscal responsibility in the public and private sectors. of course if we didn't have the federal reserve we wouldn't be able to print money out of thin air, so we wouldn't be able to fund destructive entitlement programs, extended wars, and all the financial bubbles created in recent history. so maybe if we ended the federal reserve it would go along way to fixing some of our problems.

8. Oct 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    ^ I agree about it being caused by several factors

9. Oct 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    No it's not ironic about the nation building...it's ironic about ACORN and how one political party can steal elections (Coleman vs. Al Franken--more votes than registered voters) or how we have a tax cheat for a Treasury sec. and how the morons in congress (I am a registered democrat) just can't seem to stop spending....What the American people are tired of is the untruthfullness and dishonesty our government is telling us. Obamacare will lower the debt--(what kind of bs is that!!!) or hey let's throw in a new prescription drug benefit without funding it (hello republicans). And while on the subject why would anyone vote for someone from California, the state that is going bankrupt, to lead the house of represenatives....Where are the elected officials who voted for all this debt standing up to be counted as "look at me and what I did to you!" Say what you want about any party, but both of them share the blame equally....if one party was sticking it to the american people why wasn't the other party screaming at the top of their lungs about what was being done. Housing is another issue that got us into this mess....as for me pass the tea....I'm ready to replace all of them regardless of party for the criminal acts committed against our country.....

10. Oct 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    cabarbhab

cabarbhab Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Mary Esther, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OR 4x4
    it is time for a new party. a party that serves the people and follows the constitution.

11. Oct 29, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    ^Correct me if I'm wrong, tea party?

12. Oct 29, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD

Boy, you really have it all figured out don't ya? YES, Barry has spent the most money EVER.
    And I'm not a "so called conservative", I'm more of a right leaning libertarian.
    When did I ever say I wanted to fund countries that hate us? Did Rachel Maddow tell you that about me? HELL NO, shoveling money to those countries does nothing, just like it does nothing to give people money who are out of work for long periods of time. I'm cool with unemployment, up to a certain point. But study after study has shown that it does nothing but encourage these people to stay on unemployment. But when they shorten the time they are on it, it encourages them to get back to work. And in these bad times, we don't need to encourage people to be on unemployment, but rather to find work. There are jobs out there, they just don't pay as much as unemployment.

You are very ignorant and narrow minded to think that Bush was the only reason why this mess was created. lol
    Open minded people like myself, would say that many factors and people caused this mess. Including many Republicans and Democrats, as well as many citizens.

Products Discussed in

To Top