1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Info on General Grabber HTS tires

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Robert Smith, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mar 30, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    Robert Smith

Robert Smith [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a 2007 PreRunner 4 Dr in 2 whl drive, needing a good on road tire to replace the stock Dunlops. Leaning toward the General Grabber HTS tire. Anyone have any pros or cons on this tire? Appreciate any information on this tire.
    Thanks,

2. Mar 31, 2010 at 4:49 AM
    MStef66

MStef66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma D-Cab 4X4
    Stock
    I have a couple thousand miles on a new set and I am very pleased. I was looking for a quiet tire for long road trips and this tire fits the bill. Good wet weather traction. Not much experience in the snow yet but it did OK with a light snow. It was the HTS or the Firestone Destination LE, I chose the HTS based on reviews.

[​IMG]

3. Mar 31, 2010 at 6:18 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.

Yeah, a nice tire and similar in tread design to Yokohama Geolander ATS. They are a harder compound from the tire specs. Should last fairly long on Tacoma and give fairly good highway traction.
    The Geolanders are a great tire. Had them on my F150 for several years. They were a very quiet highway ride and handled well in light duty off roading. With regular rotations they too should last up to around 50,000 miles.

To Top