1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Information on RCD lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ktmrider, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Jan 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider [OP] Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    So i contacted Down south motorsports (I highly recommend buying everything from them) and i am ordering my 4 inch RCD lift on monday WOOOT:eek:! while i was talking to them i did ask some questions about getting 6 inches out of the lift using 6 inch coilovers, and they told me

so eventually when i have the cash i will upgrade to some icon/king/pro-crap 6 inch coil-overs and stuff some 35s with better ground clearance then any of the other drop bracket lifts.

This is my question when i was ordering i asked them if they could give me a smaller block then the 4 inch one provided along with the AAL, what i want to know is how much lift i want in the rear to fix the rake. I know on Peejays truck its lifted 4 inches front and rear and the rake is still there so i am thinking to fix my rake i need a 23/4 to 3 inches in the rear but idk:confused::confused::confused:.

2. Jan 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    ktmrider

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    mc-bump

3. Jan 2, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    ktmrider

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    double-bump

4. Jan 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
    You can get different size blocks from 4WP. But I really doubt that the block you get from RCD will be a 4" block.

RCD is just a ProComp "knock off" lift. They basically copied the Procomp kit. I really wouldn't be surprised if ProComp makes that kit for RCD.

I see you load 2 bikes in the rear of your truck? The suspension will be too soft for that much weight. You'll need some type of load helper.;)

5. Jan 13, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    does the rcd lift effect the payload?

6. Jan 14, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    cantac09

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    the rcd lift doesnt effect payload or towing capacity

7. Jan 14, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    ktmrider

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    no but towing with the block is going to sag your truck like hell

8. Jan 14, 2010 at 3:24 PM
    cantac09

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    this is true

9. Jan 14, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    MDBigRed

MDBigRed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Potomac, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Uniden PC78Elite CB, 4' Firestiks, KC reverse/work lights, Mudflaps removed, Gorilla wheel locks, TRD box air intake, MBRP XP series dual exhaust, Wet Okole seat covers, 20% front tints, Pacer tailgate light bar, Uniden Bear Cat PA external speaker, 4.5" RCD Lift w/ extended ICON coilovers, door sill LED running lights, LED alarm scanner light, Scangauge II, Blendmount, Diff breather mod, Whelen hideaway 90watt strobes, Piaa Xtreme white bulbs, VIAIR onboard air, Allpro T-case sheild, TC LCA Skids, Stubbswelding HD-SKO Sliders, Weathertech floor mats, TC UCA's, Allpro SS brakelines, rear ARB locker, 4.56 Yukon gears, BlueSea fuse block, bed rail light bar, Shrockworks bumper, Smittybuilt XRC8 Comp winch, IPF 900's, Piaa 510's, Tekonsha brake controller, Air horn, Pop 'n lock, Alcan Spring leaf packs, JVC KD-AHD 69 head unit, 12voltguy winch controller, Safari Snorkel
    Not true. I've had the kit on my truck for almost a year now and i haul a lotta of shizzz. put up to 800 lbs in my bed before and no worries, i also have the 4 leaf pack from the TSB though. I'll measure the bottom of the fender flares to my 33" tires tomorrow.

I'm going to order the king coilovers with remote resevior from downsouth motorsports for $1475 plus new UCA's. One of their reps said the king coilovers will have a 1.5" lift without even cranking the 2.5 preload spacer on top!!

10. Jan 15, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    cantac09

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    ok just pm me when you do it

To Top