1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed 12 volt plugs.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by hogfan05, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jan 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    hogfan05

hogfan05 [OP] Member

Member:
    arkansas
    Vehicle:
    05 toyota prerunner - sandstone
    12 volt plugs
    I put a 12 volt plug on the back of the center console so you can put a DVD player or kids game player. Then i put a plug in the bed inside of bed pocket.

a.jpg
    b.jpg
    h.jpg
    j.jpg
    c.jpg

2. Jan 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    hogfan05

hogfan05 [OP] Member

Member:
    arkansas
    Vehicle:
    05 toyota prerunner - sandstone
    12 volt plugs
    run thru back of cab

f.jpg
    e.jpg
    g.jpg
    cover.jpg
    bed1.jpg

3. Jan 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    jackrules

jackrules Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport LB
    simple mod but i'm almost sure this is the first time I've seen this done in the bed!

I don't think I'd have a use for it back there though.. just me

4. Jan 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger, aFe CAI (same as TRD 1st gen) w/Dry Filter, URD 2.85" Stealth Pulley, custom exhaust system, 5100's front & rear, TSB rear springs, 55 watt Xenon HID hi/lo 4500k Headlights, 35 watt 3000k yellow fog lights, fogs on w/headlights mod in sig, tinted side windows & windshield, Kenwood Navigation Unit, 5mm wide-angle flush mount LEDs in orange tied into illumination circuit to light up all storage & cubby areas at night, DEI Alarm, remote start w/cell phone control that works from anywhere, Custom electric roof mount rifle rack for LMT AR15
    It's been done. One great use is to get an inexpensive 12v light from K-Mart that has a long cord and a magnetic base. Mount a 12v in your bed (like this one) & put one under your hood and now you've got light under your hood when you need it (thanks for leaving that one out Toyota :mad: ) and light if you're working around the back of your truck... changing a tire or whatever. Pretty inexpensive mod and if you don't want to run power all the way through the cab for the back 12v you can just tap your trailer wiring and you will have switched 12v power so you also don't need to worry about leaving something on when the key is off and draining power. Of course this also means you need the key on to use it but this is a better idea IMO.

5. Jan 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Don't taze me bro!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jer
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '10 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
    TRD Supercharger, aFe CAI (same as TRD 1st gen) w/Dry Filter, URD 2.85" Stealth Pulley, custom exhaust system, 5100's front & rear, TSB rear springs, 55 watt Xenon HID hi/lo 4500k Headlights, 35 watt 3000k yellow fog lights, fogs on w/headlights mod in sig, tinted side windows & windshield, Kenwood Navigation Unit, 5mm wide-angle flush mount LEDs in orange tied into illumination circuit to light up all storage & cubby areas at night, DEI Alarm, remote start w/cell phone control that works from anywhere, Custom electric roof mount rifle rack for LMT AR15
    Also, to the OP: Those wires you ran your power with.. is that power & ground for your audio system amp(s) or is it the RCA for the amp(s)? If it's power & ground then you're good where you routed them. If it's the RCAs then you'll want to run the power on the other side as to not introduce noise into your audio system.

To Top