1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed AllPro Sliders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RZRob, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Dec 19, 2010 at 7:10 AM
    RZRob

RZRob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    OK, so I mounted my AllPro Sliders. I really like the design, style and workmanship on the AllPro Sliders. They weigh a ton though and it was physically demanding installing them, but it forced me to work smart.

[​IMG]
    They hug the truck nicely and match the other ornamental iron. I really like the contours. This truck is a Work In Progress.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I used jackstands and a floorjack to position them for mounting. It's impossible to position them wrong. Did I say good design?

[​IMG]
    Everyone's got a little MacGyver in them. What you're seeing is my inverted, foot-controlled drill press. It worked great.

[​IMG]
    You're going to need one of these (angle drill). I got mine at Harbor Freight. Based on the quality (and lack thereof), you might want to buy two just to make sure you get the job done. Save the Pacifico's until you're on the home stretch. You'll want them.

Once I was done, I removed them and sent them to the powdercoater (I know everyone says to rattlecan them). AllPro was willing to Powdercoat them, but I wanted them to match my bumpers.

RZ Rob

2. Dec 19, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    very well done MacGyver,thats the difference between a mechanic and a smart mechanic right there.

3. Dec 19, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Looks good, i've had mine sitting in my shop for almost a month, haven't gotten time to install them :(

To Top