1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed LED DRLs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xxaarraa, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jun 12, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    xxaarraa

xxaarraa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is a post I made on my car forum, but since I did it to the truck, I figured I should share here :)

-------------

DONE. Figured it out today by mounting the lights on my truck. I figured I'll test it out on the truck and depending on how they perform/hold up, I will mount a separate set on the C55 later.

Tools needed:
    AZN Optics LED Strip
    Extra 16 gauge wire
    Wire butt splices
    Electrical tape
    Zip Ties
    Add a Fuse with two inline fuses (amps depend on which fuse you decide to tap)

[​IMG]

Mounted the strip to the bumper. I used the clamp that came with the strip and plenty of zip ties in strategic locations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wire the ground to the battery negative terminal:

[​IMG]

Add extra wire as necessary and route into driver cabin through firewall (depending on where your switched fuse box is, you may not need to go into the cabin and might be able to do it right in the engine bay)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Connect to the Add-A-Fuse and hook up to the desired switched fuse in the fuse box (my truck came with plenty of empty 15-30 amp switched fuse slots so it was easy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neatly zip tie / tape all the wires both behind the bumper and in the engine bay:

[​IMG]

BAM. Finished product. Comes on with ignition and goes off when switched off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will see how they hold up over the miles and how they perform in the dark as well and report back. Aussie e55, hopefully this helps you a little bit.

2. Jun 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    MrFastLayne

MrFastLayne Mr SGA

Member:
    First Name:
    Layne
    Lincoln Ca,
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 SR5 V6 Off Road
    Lift,Winch,Shell,Light Bar,Siren,Radio's
    Nice job. But you might want to redo that splice @ your fuse tap with the butt connector. it looks like some wire is exposed & needs to be crimped where the wire meets inside the connector.

3. Jun 12, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    mjohn617

mjohn617 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD sprt silver
    Haha...not doing it...can't make me!
    Where did you get the lights?

4. Jun 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
  5. Jun 12, 2011 at 2:55 PM
    kwelhand

kwelhand Well-Known Member

Member:
    I thought this might look RICEY, but it looks pretty good man! :)

6. Jun 13, 2011 at 2:03 AM
    xxaarraa

xxaarraa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    aznoptics.com

Thanks everyone for catching the crimping. I will double check and fix today.

Products Discussed in

To Top