1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

installed leveling kit and tires! but now higher in front!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by leeland26, Apr 2, 2011.

1. leeland26

leeland26 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Long Bed
    Im sure this is a frequent question but i tried to look for the answer but couldnt find anything. I installed my 2" leveling kit in the front and got some new tires. It looks great but the only problem i have is the front now looks a little higher than the back! I just measured from the ground to the bottom of the fender flare and i am about 1/2" higher in the front now. I didnt think that little bit would be that noticeable. I also have the air lift ride control kit for the back that i am installing today. Would that be able to make up for the 1/2"? I know its not made to lift the truck but i thought maybe it would enough to make it level again. I also heard that front coil spacers will settle in time and actually drop the front a tad. Is this true? If so im not going to worry about it. But if its not, does anyone have any ideas on the best way to level out the back--AAL's, Blocks, ECT?

I attached before and after pics of my truck. Im not sure how to put full pictures up yet.

IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg

2. KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    It will take the spacers a couple of trips to settle but they won't settle anymore after that. The best way to lift the back would be an add a leaf. Blocks promote axle wrap.

3. NC15TRD

NC15TRD Your girlfriend likes my member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 6-Speed
    KINGS | LR | OME Dakars | Bilstein | Wheeler's Superbumps | OCTaco brake lines | UWS | Debadge | Fog anytime mod | Level 8 MK6 | Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295/70R17 |
    X2 on the blocks. Had them b4 TSB spring install, they sucked. Get an AAL

4. leeland26

leeland26 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 Long Bed
    Thanks guys! I'm going to wait a couple weeks to see if they will settle enough to make it look a little better. If not, I'll either do the aal's or I am considering taking the spacers off and spending the extra money and replacing them with 5100's. I'm thinking if I put them on the lowest setting for lift it will be a better "level." and I will have a better ride also.

To Top