1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed my 2nd All Pro front plate bumper - tons of pics

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    JDEMELLO

JDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Corona Ca
    Vehicle:
    none
    This is correct, the final version is wider to accommodate the flares. We just made the first one a little narrow.

We may add a few more things to it as well.

2. Oct 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Follow up...

After several months of ownership the new bumper SQUEEKS LIKE HELL! Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem could be? With so many pieces bolted together with the new design there are just so many different interfaces where it could be.

I've tried tightening up the nuts/bolts but nothing is working. The only other thing I can think of is to remove the bumper, buy some black vinyl, place that between ALL metal interfaces to eliminate the squeeking. The old bumper was as quiet as could be due to being so few pieces, the new bumper with all of the little bolted together pieces is not quite as good IMO.

3. Oct 16, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    Mine hasnt squeaked at all...I have the old design though. Grab some teflon spray and spray between all of the metal pieces that contact each other.

4. Oct 17, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    I've got AP's newly designed bumper and haven't heard any squeeks at all... I gotta agree with the OP tho, i definitely like the old design more. Better coverage, less pieces to put together and just looks better IMO. Wish i could help ya out with the squeeking tho.....

5. Oct 17, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Nice!! I would hate to try and get those combo locks off the hijack when it was -10 degs outside though.

6. Oct 17, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    05TacomaCO

05TacomaCO T800

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 CM Platinum 4x4
    My old style bumper was rubbing where the fog light cut outs were
    [​IMG]

just notched the metal where it was rubbing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Oct 17, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    Awesome truck man, how do you like the FOX shoxs? Im about to pick up some fox or walkers from AP

8. Oct 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the WE 2.0's arent worth it...at least not the fronts. rears are rears...nothing special

9. Oct 17, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    rv210

rv210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    san antonio
    Vehicle:
    ***HAD***05 quadcab 4x4 taco
    bed cover, piaa led's, bfg a/t tires,17' pro comp 6089 rims,billies 5100's in front set at 1.75'
    looks SICK!!!! bad ass looking with those piaa's

10. Oct 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    To some extent that's the point. I've only had to remove them once and it was ~45F. Cold enough that my fingers work, but I live in VA, not Alaska! :D

The rubbing could also be coming from the skid plate region but it's hard to tell. I can put my weight on the bumper, move the truck up and down and hear the squeeking but cannot tell where the noise is coming from. I've tightened up everything TWICE, but still no luck. I'll check by the fog lights... somehow?

I like the FOX's just fine, but I'm not sure if they were worth the extra $. I'd blow the coin on the fronts for sure but maybe try a different set up for the rears. The FOX's were designed for the FJ, not the Tacoma... I don't care what AP says in their website. Just search for something like "Fox Rear Resi" and see what comes up.

11. Oct 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    ShaLor

ShaLor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Doublecab TRD Off Road
    Custom mud flap removal from rock on trail :), Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Cobra 75 wx st CB install, 19 more D-Rings in the bed, Satoshi Grill, Fog Lamp on any time mod. Relentless Fab CB antenna hood mount, LED bed lights, Demello Hybrid Sliders, Undercover Tonneau Cover, Lighted 4x4 switch
    I went to your website and can't seem to find a plate bumper on there at all. Am I missing it or do you not have it on your website?

Products Discussed in

To Top