1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed Pioneer DEH-7100BT

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by sooner07, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 [OP] 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I just recieved my new deh-7100bt from sonicelectronix. Those guys have done me well in the past when ordering H/U's and this time was no different. I am replacing a deh-4100UB, that worked great up until I left the face plate in a rental car.

The installation went without a hitch, since this is the 3rd H/U I've installed in this truck and one of dozens I have installed over the years. I like the brightness of the screen and it sounds pretty good out of the box. I haven't adjusted any of the eq settings, so there is plenty of room for improvement.

As far as the accessories, I am a little annoyed with the remote. It came with an RF steering wheel mountable remote that doesn't have range with a crap and the older IR remote doesn't work as well with this HU as it did with the last two HU's. I'm going to see if I can't figure out the problem, but it is a little frustrating. HD radio works great so far and the programing is much simpler than the 4100UB it is replacing.

I'll be sure to update this post when I get the voice commands and bluetooth set up. Only thing I have checked is the AUX input with my blackberry and it works fine.

2. Apr 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 [OP] 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Bluetooth with the blackberry was a snap. Took a little longer with the iPhone, but no problems. Haven't actually received a call, text or email while in the truck yet, so no comment on how well it works for calls.

Products Discussed in

To Top