1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed Pioneer DEH-7100BT

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by sooner07, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 [OP] 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Always working on the stereo, painted the front skid plate black to match the truck, debadged , toy tech ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper Looking into a supercharger and new exhaust.
    I just recieved my new deh-7100bt from sonicelectronix. Those guys have done me well in the past when ordering H/U's and this time was no different. I am replacing a deh-4100UB, that worked great up until I left the face plate in a rental car.

The installation went without a hitch, since this is the 3rd H/U I've installed in this truck and one of dozens I have installed over the years. I like the brightness of the screen and it sounds pretty good out of the box. I haven't adjusted any of the eq settings, so there is plenty of room for improvement.

As far as the accessories, I am a little annoyed with the remote. It came with an RF steering wheel mountable remote that doesn't have range with a crap and the older IR remote doesn't work as well with this HU as it did with the last two HU's. I'm going to see if I can't figure out the problem, but it is a little frustrating. HD radio works great so far and the programing is much simpler than the 4100UB it is replacing.

I'll be sure to update this post when I get the voice commands and bluetooth set up. Only thing I have checked is the AUX input with my blackberry and it works fine.

2. Apr 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 [OP] 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Always working on the stereo, painted the front skid plate black to match the truck, debadged , toy tech ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper Looking into a supercharger and new exhaust.
    Bluetooth with the blackberry was a snap. Took a little longer with the iPhone, but no problems. Haven't actually received a call, text or email while in the truck yet, so no comment on how well it works for calls.

To Top