1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing a Center Console

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RiderOnTheStorm, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Feb 3, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Looking to Buy!
    Hello All!

I am looking at purchasing a manual reg. cab tacoma in the near future. My biggest frustration is that a manual comes with a bench seat and not a center console. I had a truck with a manual and a bench seat and it is not comfortable for the person in the middle...or the person shifting gears for that matter...

So my question, is it possible to transplant a center console and bucket seats into a reg cab tacoma w/ a manual transmission? I know "anything is possible" but I do not want to have to rebuild the entire interior. Has anyone done this or is there a thread someone could point me to? Thank you!

2. Feb 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    tacomaforlife

tacomaforlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robbie
    AIKEN, SC
    Vehicle:
    Its a Toyota what more is there to say.....
    TRD S/C 3" sky jacker suspension lift,33" kumho road venture mt kl71's 16" 320c pacer wheels,billet grill,EBC slotted and dimpled rotors,super 44 muffler with gutted cat,smoked l.e.d. tail lights, deck plate mod with K&N filter,fog/blinker mod,cobra cb with 4' firestick antenna/100W PA,clear corners with l.e.d bulbs,55w back up lights,urd O2 sim., blue l.e.d bulbs behind gauge cluster.

1st gen can be done not sure on 2nd gen

3. Feb 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    xwillx93

xwillx93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    MBRP "Cool Duals" dual side swept exhaust, Volant Intake, Blacked Out Tail lights, Touchscreen Kenwood DDx616 with a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom Box, 2 Kicker Comp 6" Speakers, Removed front and rear mud flaps, Weathertech Floormats, Kobalt Slim Toolbox, Chevrolet Air compressor
    yes, it can be done. Is it pricey? yes. does it take tons of patience? yes. Around 05 or so they started putting in the bell for "no seatbelt" when weight is detected. they added side airbags too... those 2 things alone have to be removed if you wanna throw some bucket seats in. then they have to be placed back into the buckets if you want to... otherwise there's "tricks" to making your ECU think the seat belt is plugged in. brackets alone are around 300 a piece...and on top of that, seats are anywhere 200-1000 (depending on material, brand, etc.) i have a reg cab too and htought about doing this but i gave in and didnt feel like doing it.

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    RiderOnTheStorm

RiderOnTheStorm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Looking to Buy!
    What about getting seats from a 2 door automatic tacoma and swapping that? Are there still different mounting brackets?

Products Discussed in

To Top