1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing a in line converter for rca???

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tacoany1?, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    tacoany1?

tacoany1? [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton rouge LA
    Vehicle:
    05 lb dc 4x4 Tacoma Silver Streak
    3" lift, ebachi coils, 5100's with top plate spacer and differential drop.
    I have a converter for vehicles that arent equipped with rca outputs. I dont exactly know how to install though, is anyone familiar with these?

I think i tap into 4 wires....2 positives....2 negatives, but im just not sure. My converter has 4 wires....2 white, 1 with a stripe and one without. Same with the other two wires but there grey.

2. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    tacoany1?

Member:
    Baton rouge LA
    Vehicle:
    install edge is the brand.

You are correct on what it does, all i need to know now is what speakers to hook it up to and which wires on the converter do what. It has 2 gray and 2 white, one white with a black stripe and one gray with a black stripe. the others are solid. I dont know which one is positive and which one is negative.

I have a single cab with just door speakers. So how many speakers do i need to hook it to?

3. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    tacoany1?

Member:
    Baton rouge LA
    Vehicle:
    it does have a aux jack on it...will that help me in any way with my rca problem?

4. Jan 11, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    m_yota

m_yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab
    K&N airfilter, HID conversion for headlights/fogs. Wet Okole Seat covers, Kove Aphex processor Kenwood comp 6.5" and 6.5"coaxial 5100 billy shocks 2.5", 1.5" fabtech AAL,Epicenter and MTX Sub, debadged, tinted, kenwood dnx812, black mesh grill, led ext/int.
    I was wondering about that, installing a line converter to run external amps along with the jbl system. Has anyone tried this?

5. Jan 11, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    TorenApart

TorenApart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    I have used this exact LOC. You only need to hook it up to one speaker. It makes no difference which speaker. I would recommend hooking it up behind the HU due to the elements it may be exposed to in the door.

6. Jan 13, 2009 at 5:57 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    I don't know how many people have used these succesfully. Now I'm not talking brand specific but in my opinion I would stay as far away from them as possible.

7. Jan 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, OME Nitrocharger shocks and Dakar leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, 18'' Black XD Monster, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ, Leer shell, OEM Skid Plate, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Lund Tonneau, Custom 2-tone gray leather, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with AR25 resonator, Aero Turbine Exhaust Tip, Mr. Marv subwoofer enclosure w/ 2 JL 10W3v2's, AFE Pro Dry S, Eclipse AVN-6620, Pioneer PRS-D2100T, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5'' Front Components, Black Headlight Mod, Tinted tail lights, PL5300 with Eclipse BEC-109
    Agreed. You will be much happier with the sound from an aftermarket HU.

8. Jan 13, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I agree that an aftermarket HU is a better option, but, it isn't the right option for all people. I have used LOCs before and they aren't bad. And if you are really concerned with keeping the stock look of the dash, they are damn handy.

9. Jan 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM
    TorenApart

Member:
    Vehicle:
    No doubt, i like the factory look! LOC do not work well with this stock HU due to the internal processing.
    If you like the factory look, but want a good sound, consider an extrnal processor like the JL cleansweap. I believe MTX makes a processor that has been used by some members here who have said good things about it.

Good luck!

10. Jan 14, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Touché; I did forget to mention the Cleansweep as an even better alternative to the LOC.

But I counter with; if you want to keep the stock look and are strapped for cash (and happen to have some amps and a sub and some speakers handy) then the LOC makes sense. :D

11. Apr 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    Has anyone done this successfully??? HELP. I have an Audio Control LCQ-1 from Crutchfield and it is not working. Crutchfield overnighted me another and still not working. Even on tech support with Audio Control and not working yet.
    Thinkgs that have been checked and are OK:
    Power, ground and line out.
    Unit turns on ok from line level wires
    all speaker wires are correct
    have put load on each speaker
    amp and powered sub are turning on
    The only sound I get is a crackley noise if i turn the head unit way up.
    Any suggestions????

12. Apr 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    Been on with tech from both Audio Control and Crutchfield. No one can figure this out yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top