1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing baffles

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by StZu, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Apr 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    StZu

StZu [OP] Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner Texas Edition
    Before I begin I would like to thank ItalynStylion for making the baffles.

1st thing is to get baffles made, you can make the templates using your factory speakers.
    [​IMG]

I then marked off a bit of the tabs to route off so I could use the screws that came off of the factory speakers. Then I proceeded to route about 1/2 of the top layer of the baffle tab
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I used some spray paint to seal the baffles. I had some silver laying around so I used that, along with a primer and a clearcoat, I know probably overkill but what the hell, I wont have to do it again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I am ready to install the baffle. 1st you need a barrier between the baffle and the door frame and the baffle and the speaker. I picked up some cord weatherstrip to use
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I line my speaker and my truck door with the weatherstrip:
    [​IMG]

Then I attach the speaker/baffle to the truck door using the factory screws:
    [​IMG]

All done, total time about days, waiting for paint to dry, total installation time about 1 hour.

Hope this was as informative as it was fun.

2. Apr 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    Thanks man. I always appreciate when someone takes the time to show how they did something. You never know when this will help someone else.

That ItalynStylion character is pretty helpful at times, isn't he? I sent him a PM once asking a pretty simple question, and he went out of his way to help me out too.:thumbsup:

3. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    Railwayrog

Railwayrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amityville,NY
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab SR5 2x4,4 banger
    DT ceramic headers K & N series 77 cai DTRL Bull Bars ventshades tinted windows cup holder lights beefed up rear suspension PlasmaGlow FireStorm tailgate bar Access roll-up cover class 3 trailer hitch Box Bar (securing dirt bikes) Ready Ramp (ramp/bed extender) led bed light Redline hood struts JVC HD radio Cobra cb radio extra bed D rings OEM fog lights Gentex Electrochromic rearview mirror(compass/temp.,map lights)
    What thickness mdf did you use?

To Top