1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing Gooseneck Hitch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeremy_283, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Dec 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    Blueanimal

Blueanimal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Orleans area, La
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Sport
    K&N 77 series intake, Throttle boby spacer, Bilstien 5100, Firestone airbags, Brush Gaurd, Gooseneck hitch, Whelen lights and siren
    My owners manual for my 06 says nothing about it not being suited for a fifth wheel, it states and I quote "when towing a fifth wheel trailer, be careful not to hit the cabin or deck by the trailer while making a sharp turn" page 308 picture ls30005

2. Dec 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    Blueanimal

Blueanimal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Orleans area, La
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Sport
    K&N 77 series intake, Throttle boby spacer, Bilstien 5100, Firestone airbags, Brush Gaurd, Gooseneck hitch, Whelen lights and siren
    People have been exceeding the weight capacities on trucks since there were trucks (if not then since there were trailers). What the truck is rated for and what it can pull are two different things. Even with 8000 lbs my truck only squatted about 1/2 inch, it just depends on your setup. And you can safely haul a gooseneck/fifth wheel at far greater weights than a bumper hitch.

3. Dec 11, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    And that's fine if it has worked for you with no problems but ratings and guidelines are there for a reason...

Products Discussed in

To Top