1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jcayce, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Nov 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    jcayce

jcayce [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Who do you trust to install items that are important to you? I have some FJ TRD Rims on the way and don't know who to trust not to scratch the rims. Should I give in and take the wheels and rims to Toyota and have them do it just in case something happens?

2. Nov 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    BuY a tire machine and wheel balancer and do it your self.

3. Nov 14, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    OME Lift W/886 Coils LR UCA's Daker Leaf Packs 265/75/16 Duratracs N-Fab Steps UWS low pro box Carhartt Seat Covers/Door Inserts/Console Cover Relentless Fab Rear Bumper/Tailgate Skin Bed Mat DB Fab Grille Insert with Baja Designs Cube LED's Bulletproof Fab Engine Tray/Lower Grille Insert .50 Cal Antenna/Valve Stem Covers Custom Fab Console Lock Box Custom Shift Knob Dash Mat Window Tint Rugged Ridge Floor Mats Blacked Out Emblems Color Matched Grill Surround OEM Front Aluminum Skid Plate G-Tek Door Sill Protectors Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover EGR In Channel Vent Visors FJ emblem on the tailgate Fab Fours front bumper Northstar battery TRD battery tie down
    I would not take them to Toyota, they are more likely to scar them than a good tire shop. Take them to a place with a good rep and tell them up front that you want to be sure not to scar them and want the sticky weights on the lip in place of the ones on the outside and they should treat you right. Plus at a tire shop it should cost you between $60 and $80 for all four mounted and balanced. A dealer will probly be much more. By the way make sure you swap your TPMS.

4. Nov 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM
    chrisman8995

chrisman8995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newnan, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Double Cab
    yeah mine came in couple weeks ago took to kauffman tire after 2 months of waiting for the wheels. well they scared the inside off all four, b/c when they were mounting the tires they squeezed the wheel from inside not out. and then to top it off they slid two of the wheels off they balance machine and tore the outside finish up bad... after not much arguing they refunded me for all 4 wheels. but NTB did the replacements and did an excellent job

5. Nov 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2000 4runner
    OME 3 inch suspension lift Toytec 1in body lift Rodger brown diff drop ARB front bumper Big tires, but want bigger! :) Xrc 8000 winch Hella3000 lights Deck plate mod Diff breather relocate Cb radio 1st gen roll bar Addicted sliders Spider trax wheel spacers.
    I took my tires to a Mexican shop that did them for really cheap.. I bargained for the price I would pay in my best Spanglish because they spoke no English.. Big chains hire kids that are careless, Im prety sure the shop I went to has been there longer than I have been alive.

To Top