1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Instructions to disable the damned door lock 30 seconds after ignition off?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by uglygun, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Jan 31, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    uglygun

uglygun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Okay, it's a 2007 Tacoma.

The dealer options chart shows they installed the theft/security system.

There is a little button I can hold down on the left side of the dash just above the kick panel. My dad had the instructions for his 2009 Tacoma which I tried to follow.

Turn on to accesory, push button like 3 times, turn off, then turn back on. Horn would honk one, two, or three times.

My dad had a little chart with regards to what these honks are supposed to mean but it's so fucking confounded that it got continually fucked up trying to play Simon Says with a fucking car horn. Bad enough that you get self conscious talking to your damned retarded pet parrot of a truck while pissing off the neighborhood at 930 in the morning.

I want the damned honk on alarm set to be turned off or to a beep. I want the damned relock the vehicle on exit to be turned off.

Not sure if this stupid thing has a memory to it or not, I disconnected the battery earlier today so if it resets on power loss it should be at whatever the default setting is.

2. Feb 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    uglygun

uglygun [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bump for evening traffic, anyone able to help or is there a better sub-forum this thread can be moved to?

To Top