1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

intake and exhaust combos

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by rcrazy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Jul 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM

rcrazy [OP] Member

Jul 6, 2011
    las vegas
    2010 4x4 trd offroad
    borla exhaust, aFe cai, bilstein 5100s all around, ome coils, toytec aal, light racing uca, DWreck sliders(1st issue, lol)
    Hi guys! Im a newbee here.

I have a tacoma doublecab 4x4 trd offroad, this is my 4th tacoma. The only mod i did on the past trucks is just a drop in K&N filter.

Before i did my mods on my latest truck, i just read all your treads in the forum, they're a lot of help. The first thing i did was a drop in K&N and a magnaflow muffler, I didn't like the loss of torque. then, I put a K&N cold air intake, i felt it was choking when i suddenly step on the gas.

So i resorted to changing the muffler(I didnt go with full catback coz' a lot of you guys say that it was almost similar size pipe as stock) i went with Borla. Now with Borla and K&N CAI combo, still have that loss of torque, so i went back to stock intake. It got better but still less torquey.

Finally went with aFe CAI and Borla combo, as of now I"m happy, I think i got my torque back and still have that growl when I step on the gas.

Thanks guys, i relied on your posts as my guide.
To Top