1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intake Tuning

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by huff.jeremy, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    huff.jeremy

huff.jeremy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2010 MagGray SR5 Access Cab, 4x4, 2.7L, 5spd
    OME 884's, OME shocks, Wheelers 1.5" AAL, Light Racing UCA, Jason Fiberglass top, URD Short Shifter, Fog Lights
    Has anyone on here experimented with smaller intake piping after the air filter mods?

Now that I have an AFE pro-dry and removed the Charcoal filter, I am wondering if the less restrictive intake could handle a decrease in diameter/increase in velocity... maybe gain some more low end power?

2. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    That sounds good

3. May 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    when summer start im gonna start making an intake tubing similar to weapon r's design. a smaller diameter inner tubing and a larger outside diameter. the air flow throught the smaller one would be quicker picking up "hopefully" some low end power while also drawing more air "venturi effect" from the larger diameter hopefully filling the cylinder a little more. idk if it will work but i got nothing better to do over the summer lol

the throttle body and intake runners are still going to be the same size which is why i dont think my idea or aftermarket intakes work. you can get as much air into the aftermarket intake tubing as you want, but with the small size throttle body and same size runners i dont really know what affect that will have for performance...

Products Discussed in

To Top