1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intercooler pump relocation!!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by extremachn1, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Guys, has anyone with a 2nd gen TRD Supercharger had to relocate their intercooler pump after trying to install an aftermarket plate bumper and winch? I have a CBI and the intercooler pump seems to be in the way of the winch mounting location.

It shouldnt be to hard, I was going to lower it about 4 inches which should not affect it at all.

2. Apr 11, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    spithead051

spithead051 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 OR S/C'ed!
    Supercharger, OME Lift Kit, TRD T/X Pro Wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG MT KM2's, APEX three hoop bumper, Allpro IFS skid, All-Pro Sliders, Dynomax exhaust, aFe Stage 2 si, Oil pressure, oil temperature, boost, A/F ratio gauges, Devil horns, WO seat covers
    I haven't put a new bumper on the front of mine yet but I had a feeling this would be an issue in the future.

I don't see why moving it would be an issue, you just need to mount it somewhere strong enough to hold it and where the wiring and hoses will reach without kinking.

3. Apr 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    I also think you want to keep it as the lowest point in the system. This helps prevent air from getting into the pump. I will keep you posted on what I do for this.

To Top