1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interested in becoming an LEO

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by NC15TRD, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Aug 23, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner

Nope. As soon as i read "pay..." I knew this isnt for you...youre looking for money money...and i think i speak for everyone when i say we serve the public because its what we love doing...its a decent living...but you really have to think abt it... Youre away from home..family worried every day youre on shift... Become an engineer? Youre fam will live extremely comfortable. I think?

2. Aug 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    How much is considered comfortable to you? I do great with our pay. I am topped out and we get raises all the time. My co-worker cleared 92k last year. She works a bomb dog and when we have special events she gets some OT..However. our base is real good considering cost of living. Also, the feds make real good money. The air marshals prob make over 100k a year and just sit there on an airplane..

3. Aug 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    LOL i never wanted to be a ff'er. prob shoulda done it long ago. Now that I'm in LE I would never do anything else. I would much rather be a cop than hand out band-aids..lol:D at least that's what I tell my sister..hahaha

4. Aug 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    12DblCab

12DblCab I don't know what to write here

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport "Pyrite Mica"
    "Be sure and get the rims real well"

[​IMG]

5. Aug 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
  6. Aug 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    "Dispatch, contact fire...officer needs extrication."

image.jpg

7. Aug 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    East TN Yota

East TN Yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off Road
    My advice to the OP is to do as many pushups as you can before the academy. When you think you can do alot...double that number and you might be ready (if PA is anything like TN).

P.S. I worked with a guy who was a former PA Trooper. He was top notch and said he really liked it there.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  8. Aug 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    I would only be a cop if you take your oath seriously! Do not let the job go to your head if you join, but remember once you are done with it assuming you become a cop you will be like the rest of us again

9. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    Not so sure after 25yrs in Law Enforcement I will ever be normal again..:D

10. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Floriduh
    Vehicle:
    call the Police we have a burglar....:p
    [​IMG]

11. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    12DblCab

12DblCab I don't know what to write here

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport "Pyrite Mica"
    LOL, that reminds me...

I was on a crash one time where we had to block off a large segment of road for the helicopter to land. There was a police car blocking a side road near where the fire truck had stopped on the main road. The fire truck was leaving, so it started backing and turning around towards the side road and literally T-boned one of our police cars that had its blue lights on. None of the police officers were paying attention because they were watching traffic, and the firemen were all in the truck. The firemen were so embarrassed. We had to hold the original crash site even longer for the fire and police command staff to come see what happened, and a second crash report was taken. The police car was F'ed up. I looked over there about 2 seconds before impact and got to see it. I'm sure there are a few civilian pictures floating around the interwebz from that day.

12. Sep 1, 2013 at 4:53 AM
    AZrunner11

AZrunner11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    12 4Runner Trail
    I have been told that this field is a calling. I believe that with my whole heart. Overall, the South doesn't pay very well for State/Local law enforcement. Life is short so chase dreams. Good Luck!

To Top