1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior fun!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ToyComa92, May 4, 2012.

1. May 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    So im not really liking the gray on black stock interior colors... Thinking about making everything that is gray in my truck... Barcelona Red. But im not too sure how id go about detaching some items like... The trim rings around my gauges or how id paint my glovebox and all those kind of things...

Could this be a easy, One piece at a time slower coming together kind of project or nah? Im not down for ripping out my whole interior haha.

2. May 4, 2012 at 4:22 AM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    You can do this, but I used to do this for a lot of people and see a lot. It is a LOT of work to do it right. You have to clean clean clean clean, then use adhesion promoter or some other type of good primer, then many many lights coats. I wouldn't paint either, I'd use a good quality dye like SEM. If you dont do a really good job, it will look like shit, it will peel, and there is no good way to fix it if you do it wrong I did a lot to my FJ and really took my time and used all professional quality products, and it still got scraped off in areas that saw abuse.
    In summary- not a fun job, easy to really screw it up, hard to return to stock if you hate it or screw it up.

To Top