1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior Lights out, noise from brakes?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by DustinSK, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Aug 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    DustinSK

DustinSK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys. I have an issue and a question about it. First, my drivetrain "P,R,N,D,2,1" lights are out. So at night I cant see if I am in drive or reverse etc... To fix this is it easy for someone off the streets to do or should I bring it in, also is there instructions for it online? Also if I decided to fix it myself could I buy a bulb and make all the symbols one color, kind of customize it??

Lastly, my truck squeeks when I drive and break. I went to BigO and they said I need new front brakes, mine are down to 3mm. Is that what the noise is, or could it be something else? thx

2. Aug 7, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    spidy3

spidy3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dom
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD V6
    stock
    If you have a basic understanding and patience then you can replace the bulb yourself. You just have to get the center console out which also includes part under ash tray. Of course I assume that its the lights near the shifter that your talking about. I believe the bulb has a little condom on it so you could change the color of it if you want to.

Yes if your brakes are low they could be causing the noise, it could also be your rear brakes that could be making the noise too.

Next time you post tho you might want to be a little more specific, like adding info on what truck you have, which lights, etc....

3. Aug 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    DustinSK

Member:
    Ok. Thank you. I have a 02' tacoma xtra cab. Prerunner. It's the shifter's lights. The "P,R,N,D,2,1." Keep coming in and out. Do you think I could buy a bulb for that at any car store?? Thanks

4. Aug 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    clarkie152

clarkie152 Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM Tacoma DCSB
    None, yet
    IIRC,

the bulb was hard to find. I had to go to toyota and order it. i think it was $5 for a little tiny bulb.

Also, when I changed the light, i also replaced my cupholder tabs because the console was apart already.

5. Aug 7, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    DustinSK

Member:
    Thats funny I was thinking to myself, If I switch out those lights maybe I"ll do that MOD where I can light up my cupholders..? It looks sweet. But yeah my cupholders are pretty nasty so maybe Ill get some new ones.. How was it, wasnt too bad was it? The whole process?

To Top