1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior mod

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mr. Brown, Mar 25, 2010.

?

Do you like this mod?

Poll closed Apr 24, 2010.
  1. I like it!

85.7%
  2. Not so much.

14.3%
  1. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    The first owner of my truck drilled a gnarly hole in the console of my truck and it has bothered me since I got it. Well I started working on a panel to cover it up and I thought i would show you guys what I ended up with:

This is the hole I was talking about
    [​IMG]
    and this is the panel I made to cover it up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am going to redo the panel because I am not 100% about how it fits. This was mostly just a test run to see if I liked how it looks. When I redo this piece I'm probably going to make one to cover the AC bezel too. then later on one to cover the bumpy area of the center console and the bottom of the cup holders.

Well, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

2. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Nice work ,

OZ

3. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    VixTacom

VixTacom SYC TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Wayne, NJ
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5 TRD
    LED's and Neon Glow inside, Blacked out front end, 4X4 with Locking Diff, 5spd Manual, TRD package, CB Radio, Gray Wire Mod, Thrush exhaust system, Tinted marker lights, tailights, interior lights
    looks amazin.. how'd u do it

4. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    That looks pretty sleek! I can't even see the lines. I usually have my sunglasses case stuffed in there, but the hole would still piss me off to!

Nice work.

5. Mar 25, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's
    looks good, might be cool to have a soft surface glued to it so stuff doesn't rattle around in there?

6. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM
    Shawneily

Shawneily "Its go time, baby!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    95 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    CBI Rock Sliders, 31x10.15 BF Goodrich KM2's, Stock everything else.
    Looks good, but why the hell did the previous owner drill a hole there? running wires or something?

7. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:01 AM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    I made one out of cardboard first to get all the angles right. Then I used a dremel to cut one out of metal. I think that's where I messed up though. The dremel I have is just to small and awkward to really get a straight cut. I also wet sanded it to clean it up a little.

8. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    He had a radar detector there, but he easily could have hidden the hole better.

9. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's
    you should be able to get a pretty snug fit now though, just by trial and error, start a bit bigger than your previous piece and go at er!
    Very interested in seeing the A/C bezel

10. Mar 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I'm going to cut one at the fab shop on base. Since I like how it looks I'm going to spend a lot more time on the next one and make sure it looks right.

To Top