1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Internal Trim & mirror wiring harness help

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Manlaan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    I just bought a 2002 Tacoma and it has a few missing/broken pieces that I'd really like to fix. I've found some part numbers for them, but pretty much unable to find the parts themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The interior color is brown (Oak?).

I know its mostly just minor things, but its just kinda the person I am.

scuff plate - drivers side 67914-04040-E0 (some of the expanding screw clips on the bottom are broken so it wont tighten down)
    center console - 58910-AD010-E0 (mainly the movable arm rest part - latch is broken on the container and lid)
    door panel screw (I'm sure Home Depot will have a sufficient replacement)
    door panel screw cap - 67772-04030-E0 ?

And now the tough one. The wiring harness for the drivers side power mirror is missing. All the main wiring is there that goes into the truck and the passenger mirror works fine. There just isn't anything to plug the drivers side mirror into. It doesn't really look like there's anything cut or missing, so I'm unsure what is actually missing to hook this up, or even where its supposed to come from.

From the wiring diagram, to me it looks like it just going directly from the switch to the mirror using PinkGreen/Grey/Red wires, but I'd really like to hear how its supposed to be wired up before I splice some wires in to do it myself.

I do know the door had been replaced at one point. I guess it could have been replaced with a door that didn't have power mirrors, so no wires for the mirror? Not sure. I guess I could just leave it, but it'll bug me until I fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Jan 26, 2010 at 4:30 AM
    PharmerJon

PharmerJon Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    '03 Xtra Cab SR5 4x4, 2.7L 4cyl
    Deck-plate, black undercoating of pinch weld, clear corners and new tails, weathertech liners, billet grill w/ "TOYOTA" FJ emblem, OME all around, AAL, ashtray cb mount (Uniden), fender mount Wilson firestick antenna, Powerslot rotors, Hawk pads, Moto Metal 951 black, 265/75/R16 Duratrac's, Sockmonkey "SR5 w/ Mountains" bedside decal
    toyotapartscheap.com

Part Number: 6791404040E0 - Scuff plate - Front Oak Left - Double cab 2001 - 2004 $65.76
    Part Number: 58910AD010E0 - Console - Rear console - Oak Oak - 2001 - 2004 $278.54
    Part Number: 6777204030E0 - CAP, DOOR TRIM RETAI $2.15

is this what you wanted?

3. Jan 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM
    Manlaan

Manlaan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Thanks for the site. Exactly what I was looking for, although with those type of prices, well, maybe I'll just live with it until one pops up on ebay or the junk yards.

To Top