1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intro Price for new LEDs for Projectors / 7443 Brake/tail & DRLs / Turns! Check it out limited time!

Discussion in 'deAutoLED' started by deAutoLED.com, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Apr 12, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    deAutoLED.com

deAutoLED.com [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Thanks for the support. The team might have to end this early.

If you are waiting to see more feedback we suggest do not wait as by that time the sale will be over!

2. Apr 12, 2019 at 4:16 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    Sorry I forgot to add - THEY ALSO HAVE H9 HIGH BEAM!!

Parker315 likes this.
  3. Apr 12, 2019 at 8:02 PM
    bmorgan1022

bmorgan1022 Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma SR5

Haven’t been able to find any testing in the forum. Are there any numbers backing this up?

r1200gs4ok and Boghog1 like this.
  4. Apr 12, 2019 at 8:59 PM
    maximase86

maximase86 Active Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Calvary Blue TRD OR DCSB
    Are there beam pattern/night output for the 3/1 fogs?

S

5. Apr 12, 2019 at 10:59 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
  6. Apr 12, 2019 at 11:19 PM
    CAG Gonzo

CAG Gonzo Ascendant Spaghetti

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCLB BarRed
    Ok, I think this will be the final question from me. I'm in the market for some LED front turns. You've been helpful in pointing me to the 7440s. However, it's only explicitly mentioned that the 7443s have built-in resistors. Do I need these if I go with the 7440s? Looking at Meso's Total Tail Kit thread, some people experience hyperflashing. Some of those people have LED front turns and/or better mirror turns, some don't. Some people used the supplied resistors, some didn't. From what I can gather, it sounds like your 7440s are drop-ins; pure PnP. Thanks for the help.

Parker315 likes this.
  7. Apr 12, 2019 at 11:23 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Howzit \000/

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Kahalu'u Oahu
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    Marketing at its finest right here. Marketing seems to be beating science more and more every day

Boghog1 and r1200gs4ok like this.
  8. Apr 12, 2019 at 11:41 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    Hi, from our testing we have never seen any of our 7443/7440 amber front turns or red 7443 rear tail/brake never need any outside resistors.

All LEDs have built in new resistor setups to avoid any errors.

They are brighter than the MESO/VLED stage 1 model from testing. These are also the new model that have the higher contrast between brake and tails.

There is really no marketing here as my post really mean nothing if the customer is not happy. I am simply sharing real honest customer feedback and a product that has been tested in the Tacoma for months prior to launch. The team worries more about how customers and TW members will enjoy these daily than making a sale.

9. Apr 12, 2019 at 11:45 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Howzit \000/

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Kahalu'u Oahu
    Vehicle:
    So do you think LED headlights belong in stock headlight housing? Did you magically design an LED to act like a halogen to mimic the proper light out point?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  10. Apr 13, 2019 at 4:22 AM
    Pat3002t

Pat3002t Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen SR 2.7 5MT
    Any pics of the 7443 in use on the sr and sr5 trucks that use the amber drl? Some comparisons to stock maybe?

11. Apr 13, 2019 at 6:31 AM
    Parker315

Parker315 Modding on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    TTC (Texas Toyota Coalition) Member #127
    Look sir, everyone here at least those that know anything about lighting understand that a retro fit is needed to get the "Best" and most "efficient" performance from and LED bulb.

At the same time there is only about 10% of consumers looking to do this type of work. The other 80% of people just want something they can drop into there housing and get a brighter output, some do it just for the color change because it looks cleaner, and some just want a longer lasting bulb and /or all of the above.

My buddy and I are well versed in lighting. Are we experts? No, not at all. I work in IT and his a land surveyor/part time mechanic at a performance shop he owns. That's not are fullftime job. Even still we've always thought that a retro fit was necessary. I stop believing in this after I did real world testing and what I could see with my own eyes.

Last weekend when I brought him with me to do some comparisons on my 17 Tacoma, a 19 Tacoma, and a 19 4Runner. He couldn't believe just how well a drop in led performed in a stock non retrofit housing.

I have a 55w Morimoto HID kit in my Tacoma and I can tell you, that alone kicks the shit out of stock Halogen. When comparing those right next to a 19 Tacoma putting deAuto's new H11 in... It almost beat my hid kits output.

These guys have quality lights there is no doubt about that and great customer service as well. Let these guys post their products and sale. If it was shit product you'd get alot people chiming in on here saying so.

Beerpayzdabillz and bmorgan1022 like this.
  12. Apr 13, 2019 at 9:28 AM
    bmorgan1022

bmorgan1022 Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma SR5
    Bulbs are for us to see in the dark. When people buy them for being longer lasting or for having a cool color and them being happy doesn’t mean it’s a good bulb. Where are the numbers saying that it’s actually putting out light?

13. Apr 13, 2019 at 9:35 AM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Howzit \000/

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Kahalu'u Oahu
    Vehicle:
    Look sir, I’m sorry to tell you that brighter at the source doesn’t mean better light out put. HID kits are different then LED. LEDs in stock reflective housing have been proven time in again to be inferior and a road hazard to on coming drivers. Show me the science that backs your claims, it passes the eye test because the LED headlight just throws light everywhere.

Vietguy, Deucer01, darkfader and 5 others like this.
  14. Apr 13, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    maximase86

maximase86 Active Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Calvary Blue TRD OR DCSB
  15. Apr 13, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    Parker315

Parker315 Modding on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    TTC (Texas Toyota Coalition) Member #127
    Lol SMH

I'm not here to argue, talk shit, or be rude with either of you gentlemen. I've got far better things to do than troll on TacomaWorld.

You all have your own and opinions and that's fine. I just think it's BS to bash on a hard working company.

Bottom line, what benefit is it to me to post lies and bs as a consumer that's not making any money on these products. I'm spending money and I, just like you an everyone else, want to spend my money wiesly. So I'm here spending my own money and time to help out cause I enjoy it and love gadgets and badass lights.

Good luck to you both .Take care!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Beerpayzdabillz and El Duderino like this.
  16. Apr 13, 2019 at 11:01 AM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    While the color temperature and longer lifespan of these LEDs are appealing many want to install it for the added visibility these provide without the glare.

As many said here numbers do not mean much because brightest doesn't mean the best if the light is scattered. The deAuto has one of the brightest LEDs tested by a 3rd party company but it did not perform well in the Tacoma and they NEVER released it on this forum or for the Tacoma. What I am sharing now is there new model for the Tacoma projectors and tested better than their brighter model they used for the VW low beams.

Thanks for the support. Go for it at this pricing and brightness you will enjoy the setup. And there should be some reviews vs pods and these have outperformed them in brightness and spread of light. It is better to use the OEM housing as it throws light where you need it nicely.

To answer honestly I feel it depends on many factors like bulb type, housing style and car model. Many know that the stock from the factory lighting is not the best and the IIHS testing proved this fact with their testing.

These are LEDs that were placed in projectors not reflectors though. I feel if you are going to install a LED it should be something that is going to create a good beam angle and spread light wide/far without glare to others.

These LEDs were tested by many customers with good results prior to launching. At the end I always reference back to the real honest customer feedback as that is what people are going to see when they install it themselves.

As many know I am not here to simply suggest a bulb blindly. I truly believe in these LEDs.

@El Duderino I want to be clear that I am not trying to start an argument or say your opinion is wrong. I am only here to share the product based on customer's reviews. Also, thanks for your service. The team always offers 15% off for vets/active military/first responders all year.

17. Apr 13, 2019 at 11:17 AM
    Mountain2018

Mountain2018 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Harpers Ferry/Leesburg VA
    Vehicle:
    2018 4x4 SB gray
    Just curious, when did asking for measurable data with a proven testing protocol make one a "troll" and get the insincere sarcastic "good luck to you" reply? Amazing in a simple request is followed by anger and the old stand by "but customers love it" "no one has complained".

We have guys on here and obviously elsewhere, running "6" spacers with stock shocks and monster tires. Ask them if they like what they made their truck..of course they do!! Not sure the excited users wanting something different and brighter are good barometers of if I will get 2/3's the accurate throw I do now on stock units with the reccomended upgraded bulb.

I want to sell upgraded brake drums with multi colored calipers, but do not ask questions of stopping distance, just leave me alone as guys "love them".
    ***(with above said, vendor does have some awesome lighting products, just trying to determine if this might be one of those).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  18. Apr 13, 2019 at 1:16 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    Well I can tell you that is not how I feel at all.

The team thinks how these work in the housing is more relevant than numbers. They have higher rated lumen LEDs that did not perform well in the TACOMA.

The good thing about their LEDs is they have been tested to look good instead of just relying on some high lumen and lux ratings.

Parker315 likes this.
  19. Apr 14, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    deAutoLED.com

Member:
    If you order now many ship tomorrow with the upgraded priority mail.

Simply email Support@deAutoLED.com and they will let you know updates/wait time on everything

20. Apr 14, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    Boghog1

Boghog1 Jack of all trades, master of none.

Member:
    Southern, NH
    Vehicle:
    2019 AC V6 4x4 SR
    did i just read this right? You care more about how it looks or is perceived to perform over how they actually perform using calibrated equipment?

To Top