1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

intruder

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by stunt man hans, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Oct 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    he's a big guy thats for sure he was in the running for the tallest dog in the world he is 42 inches at his front shoulders the tallest dog then was 42 3/4 inches tall lol he almost had it.

when he growls he sounds like a freaking grizzly bear he doesn't sound like any dog i ever heard before. i'm going to be sleeping with one eye open tonight but i have to try and get some sleep guy's thanks for the distraction and listening:)

2. Oct 19, 2011 at 1:39 AM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    Thanks for the pic of the hound. I remember seeing him a while back and wanted to show my lady friend. How tall are you?

3. Oct 19, 2011 at 1:45 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Just out of curiosity...why would you not call the police?

4. Oct 19, 2011 at 1:46 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    x2. you’r dog weighs more than me 2.

5. Oct 19, 2011 at 2:21 AM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    wow...fucking people nowadays

6. Oct 19, 2011 at 2:22 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Sure it wasn't a zombie?? Glad you're safe!

7. Oct 19, 2011 at 3:13 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    when you get up and around today you should inspect the exterrior of the home for ANY evidence of attempted break in.

8. Oct 19, 2011 at 3:52 AM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    Wonder if you could sleep if you actually shot and killed someone...

9. Oct 19, 2011 at 3:56 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i know i would have a hard time. but if they broke in they are dead. that way they can’t come back and sue me.

10. Oct 19, 2011 at 4:49 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    ^^ this, and lucky your wife didn't fire off a shot when you walked into the bedroom and what is with "that bitch was sitting up in bed", just saying.

Glad every thing is OK.

11. Oct 19, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    WizzyTRDTXPRO

WizzyTRDTXPRO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    TRD TX PRO 4x4
    I would of contacted the local law Enforcement even if they didn't break in. Your dog is huge I'd hate to feed that horse. I'd look into security lighting around the house.

12. Oct 19, 2011 at 5:31 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    It's awful hard to find guys the next day...and how bad would you feel if they ran off from your house only to hit your neighbors and kill or hurt them? or maybe they've already hit another house and hurt or killed a neighbor

Point being, is today they are LONG gone but had you contacted LE last night, it's possible these guys could've been located and if nothing else, identified in the event of anything other incidents show up the next morning

9 times out of 10, they aren't only good for your burglary either...every burglary suspect I've put in jail has been good for several more in the area

13. Oct 19, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Glad to hear you and yours are safe.!

I would at least call the local PD non emergency number and advise them. They may or may not be aware of a burglar working the area. I would take a look at your home at night some time and see what makes your place inviting. They want cover and concealment so the standards apply motion lights on all 4 sides, bushes and such trimmed back and down from the windows, nothing around the out side to help them get up to the windows, ensure you have done security mods on your doors IE longer screws in hinges and latch plates ( be careful not to bow the door frame), the locks on the windows are fine but can be slid open with a metal slat from a blind if they are the old style, they make blocks you can install to prevent the window from being opened more then 2" to 6". Double pane windows sound like a shot gun going off when broken so you would wake up I presume. If your concerned and don’t want to pay for adt or brinks etc you can install some unobtrusive motion sensors in the corners of rooms aiming to exterior doors and windows connected to an exterior alarm and flashing light. If it is set off I presume your neighbors might look toward your place or lol be annoyed enough by the sound to call the police. I live in the country side with neighbors near by enough that they would hear and see the alarms I put in along with a/v monitoring of my property all on ups batt back up. I also keep my cell phone beside my bed as does my gf a lot of people leave them out in the kitchen or where ever they charge them kind of sucks if you need to call 911 an hard line has been cut (My phone Interface box is in the garage attached to my house so no access to it from the outside). If you add in the two sets of 42 Ivories my place is so far down the list of lets break in there they would have to be blind, deaf and it goes with out saying DUMB to attempt it. I would rather not have to shoot someone on my property blood is a bitch to get out of carpet and I hate patching and mudding walls LOL. The amount of paperwork and other stuff you will have to go through makes it not worth it unless absolutely required. You might want to check into the Castle Doctrine for your state I don't think NJ signed into it but I believe this is the correct statue (NJ Statute 2C:3-4) perhaps there is a LEO from NJ who can chime in and knows the correct reference.

14. Oct 19, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    Joben7726

Joben7726 wes mantooth ™

Member:
    First Name:
    Joben
    Western PA/Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    Trail limo
    more than list-able
    thats a big mutha effin dog dude!

15. Oct 19, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    X2

16. Oct 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    That's crazy man, glad you are OK.

17. Oct 19, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    thats not a dog, thats a oversized pony.

glad you guys are okay

18. Oct 19, 2011 at 7:40 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    good point i guess i should have called last night when we realized what had happened but, i was very tired.

i ended up staying up to almost 5 am any how though so you are correct no doubt.

although i can't imagine being chased away in that fashion and then hitting another house but, i'm not a scum bag so i don't think that way lol. probably a crack head looking for shit to steal and sell in north philly we have alot of that here and riding mowers being stolen and such. one kid was killed by a guy around ten years ago right up the road then they tried the guy for murder but, he got off the entire area came to his defense.

can you imagine hearing a noise in the middle of the night checking it out probably getting scared firing your weapon and killing some dumbass kid then you getting sued like it's the guy's fault the kid broke into his shed and then tried to get into his house as well:eek:

19. Oct 19, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I'd hate picking it's massive shit up. :puke:

20. Oct 19, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    holy crap thats a bg dog, he weighs more than me!

he looks like he could tackle the thief bend him over the counter and rape him!

Products Discussed in

To Top