1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ios or Droid

Discussion in 'Technology' started by vtragweed, Oct 10, 2011.

?

what do you prefer?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2011.
  1. Ios

35 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. Droid

43 vote(s)
    55.1%
  1. Oct 14, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.

Cool, fit a thunderbolt or any other 4.3" phone?

2. Oct 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    No. It's specific to the Atrix. It connects into the phone's usb port so unless your phone is the same size with the USB port in the same location, it won't work.

3. Oct 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    jaw154

jaw154 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD Off road
    Soon...
    Really? even if the two of you use the same amount of time on the internet or playing games or what not? Everyone i know with a droid can't go a day without charging it...Im just curious because I have been told the battery sucks

4. Oct 14, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Why would we be jelly? We all had a choice on which phone to get. If we wanted an iPhone, we'd get an iPhone. Why would we buy a Droid if we were just gonna be jealous of an iPhone? Makes no sense...

5. Oct 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    For battery life, it depends on the phone and which version of Android you're running. More processor power, dual processors, memory size and multitasking will drain a phone quick. If you turn everything on it will drain quickly as well (GPS, WiFi, Bluetooths, etc). Plus, LTE is very power hungry, which is probably why Apple didn't come out with one yet. My buddy's LTE phone drains in a couple of hours. As I stated earlier, my wife has the iPhone 4 and I have an Android. She loves hers, I love mine.

If their phones didn't have a task killer on them, or they weren't managing their memory, they could be running a whole slew of apps while you're only running one. That all takes power. Older android systems didn't have one. You had to download an app to kill other apps. It wasn't until Froyo that a task killer was built in.

6. Oct 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yep. I could have gone with an iPhone. It would have been cheaper too. But it wouldn't have nearly the capability.

7. Oct 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Exactly, thats why I think it's stupid when people say were jealous.

8. Oct 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    TRDBandit

TRDBandit TACOMANATOR

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    CRAWLORADO
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab TRD O.R. Dark Blue
    Afe Stage 2 CAI Tinted windows Many to come
    Its like comparing a mustang to a camero.

Or and Tacoma to the Nissan frontier:D

everyone has their pros and cons. For me. Iphone fit my needs and performs good in every way I need it. Not one problem.

I also run a MacbookPro and Ipad so everything is user friendly for me. After having an HP laptop and a droid phone. Ill never go back to them. Apple is the only way Ill go.

9. Oct 14, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Just to be clear, Android is the operating system. Droid is a specific phone offered by Motorola available at Verizon. All Droid phones have the Android operating system but not all Android phones are Droids. Did you have a Droid or a different Android phone. It also helps to know which Android OS. Android 1.6 was very rudimentary. Gingerbread or Honeycomb are the newer OSes with many updated features. You wouldn't compare the functionality of an original iPhone with a newer Android phone.

10. Oct 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    jaw154

jaw154 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD Off road
    Soon...
    Yea man i guess your right. It's all preference. I just have to state my opinion because I have an iphone and love it :D

Products Discussed in

To Top