1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone as a Go Phone?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Twiget, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jul 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    Twiget

Twiget [OP] Proud to be Awesome

Member:
    America's Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    654, 6 Cylinders, 5 Speeds, 4 wheel drive
    Alpine Headunit, Soft Tonneau Cover, CAI
    I just got off the phone with AT&T. My iPhone is out of contract and I want to switch it to a Go Phone. I've got the Go Phone sim, but they are refusing to activate the sim for my phone. Has anyone been able to use their iPhone as a Go Phone?

2. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and an Evenflow car seat in the back seat
    I don't know about a Go phone but I had been looking to buy an Iphone to unlock or already unlocked to put a Straight Talk sim card in and have unlimited everything for $45 a month. I know people that have done this with Tmobile also.

3. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    Twiget

Member:
    America's Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    The Go Phone has a $2/day option with unlimited minutes and texts and you only get charged for the days it is used. I dont talk or text much, so this option would be great for me.

Another reason I want to stay with AT&T is that my iPhone will only work on AT&T and I dont want to buy another phone to switch to another service provider.

4. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 LUXURY YEAR
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
  5. Jul 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and an Evenflow car seat in the back seat
    Straight Talk uses the cell towers from all the big carriers, At&t, Verizon, Sprint and Tmobile. So your phone would still be using At&t towers if you wanted to do it this way. So do you use the Data much? That's what's appealing about Straight Talk, $45 a month gets you unlimited talk, text and data. Anyway I just thought this might be a good option for you.

On a side note. I thought if the sim was active you could put it in any GSM phone and it would work? Maybe if it was activated on a Go phone then put it in the Iphone? Might have to unlock the Iphone first though?

6. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    Twiget

Member:
    America's Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    I found a similar article too, though after reading the one you posted, I think I found what went wrong. The article I found did not mention needing a dummy GoPhone. I think I'll try this.

I just noticed I put this in the motorcycle forum. I meant to put it in the technology forum. Oops. Well, here is a pic of my bike to make up for it.

IMG_0818.jpg

7. Aug 1, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    Twiget

Member:
    America's Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    Go figure, I went to AT&T today to get a Go Phone and do the switcheroo detailed in that blog. The chick I ended up working with had no problem changing my iPhone to a Go Phone plan. I told her about my difficulty making the change on the phone with AT&T's customer service and she really had no reason why they refused to make the change.

5 minutes, 2 questions and a little flirting later and my account was changed over to a Go Phone. :cool:

To Top