1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone in a Taco...crunchy!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wolfshart79, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Mar 15, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    Wolfshart79

Wolfshart79 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 PreRunner SR5
    Hey all,
    So I have seen the iPod2Car and Blitzsafe http://www.blitzsafe.com/catalog/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=32 devices that can be hard wired in so we can use an iPhone on the stock head unit. This really got me thinking since I don't have an iPod but I do have an iPhone 3G. Now my only question is does anyone know if I can use it like the iPod or if it displays tracks and such on the head unit display unlike the iPod? All I notice they said it works with units that already have an aux input...where do I look for it, on the back of the head unit? To take it further, could something be used to route a call through the speakers? If not I'm gonna take out a patent asap! lol Thanks for the help guys and look forward to any advice you can give.

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    kulitxplod

kulitxplod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    TSSRadio has a couple of interfaces which will display iPod/iPhone information on the stock head unit. I have an iSimple interface from them with the iPod/iPhone connector and SAT installed. Using stock antenna, shark fin adapter cable, and stock head unit. Display song, artist, album, etc.

To Top