1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone/iPod adapter & aux

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ghettosamson, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Apr 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    ghettosamson

ghettosamson [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Olly
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 DoubleCab
    Can anyone recommend me a good adapter for an 06 Pre-Runner? I currently have a Satechi $30 Satechi Bluetooth Hands-free Car Stereo Fm Transmitter for iPhone 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2, Nexus S, HTC One X, S, Motorola Droid Razr HD, Maxx, Nokia Lumia 920, LG Optimus G and Bluetooth Stereo A2DP supported Devicehttp://www.amazon.com/Satechi-Bluetooth-Hands-free-Transmitter-BlackBerry/dp/B000NVYVRO and it works well. I route my phone calls through the car speakers which is very nice. I just got another truck for my wife, another 06 Pre-Runner, and instead of buying another Satechi I'd like to install an adapter directly, but I don't know of any good ones and I wonder if anyone here has experience with one that works with music and phone calls. Also, I was watching videos about the installation of a Grom, but I saw that the adapter stays in the glove box. Any workarounds? I'd rather not have to open my glove box to plug my iPhone in.

2. Apr 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    i hate my GROM

To Top