1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IPOD interface kit - how to connect

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Curly, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Feb 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    Curly

Curly [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Magnaflow single in /dual out, Side front window tint, Bug shield, AFE Pro Dry S filter, USA Spec IPOD kit
    I have the Toyota interface kit PT545-00082, so far everything went smooth for the install, until,.

I found some decent instructions here: www.trdparks.com/install/PT545-00082Tacoma.pdf

I have the male 12-pin connector from the interface kit plugged into the empty 12-pin slot on the HD.

The IPOD shows connected and charges.

The XM still works (emergency weather channel) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to pull up the IPOD. I had read you can't have both connected so I'm missing how to go from the satellite input to the IPOD.

Anyone have some experience here?

***********EDIT**********
    Ok, went into service today. After a couple hours they determined the IPOD interface kit that they sell is not compatible with an 09 HD with XM. There's no satellite input to unplug and then plug in the interface.

Hope that helps someone.

2. Feb 22, 2009 at 2:13 PM
    LazyNavyTaco

LazyNavyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    06' Silver, DC, TRD Sport
    DNX-5120 head unit, 2-JL ZR650-Csi component sets, JL 500/1v2 amp, 17x9 Ultra Baron's, LT285/70R-17 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac D's, ShrockWorks front bumper with skid plate and light bar
    what a bummer man sorry for your loss lol..... so you going to get an aftermarket HU?

3. Feb 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I thought with the Ipod hookup it took the place of XM...it was either XM or Ipod but not both.

4. Feb 23, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    Curly

Curly [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Magnaflow single in /dual out, Side front window tint, Bug shield, AFE Pro Dry S filter, USA Spec IPOD kit
    That's exactly what I and the tech at Toyota thought . But apparently they've changed something with the HU in the 09. The interface kit hooks up easy, but you can't unplug the satellite. So, the radio keeps taking input from the satellite.

When I gave up and took it into the expert at Toyota, he came back after an hour and said it wasn't compatable.

I'm now looking at either a new HU or the aftermarket interface kit. I like my steeting wheel controls for the bluetooth, which is the only thing weighing against the new HU.

Products Discussed in

To Top