1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Iran... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Military' started by Alderleet, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    I just feel bad for the oppressed and people unable to defend themselves. Regardless of country, politics or religion. Acting pisses people off and arguable causes a higher chance of casualty on our side, but doing nothing is just morally and ethically wrong. When you stand for Liberty, Freedom and Democracy it should be for everyone in the world not just those lucky enough to be born in the USA or Canada.

If the roles were reversed I would want help for my children and all of the others.

2. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    I dont think you understand. Iran is not just threatening Israel they have threatened to destroy our ships in national waters and launch missile attacks on all of our middle eastern and european bases. I guess i care a little bit more about that seeing as how I can see Iran every day when I wake up. If Iran is attacked by Israel they will attack anything and everything they can. and everyone says its not in Irans best interest to nuke Israel. When all they talk about it wiping them from existence. Isnt that in their best interest? to be the hero's of the middle east?

This being said. China has already agreed to back Iran militarily if any one attacks them, China gets a high percentage of Oil from Iran it would cripple their growing economy. North korea would step in. China is using north Korea to sell weapons and technology to avoid sanctions because North Korea does not recognize sanctions. Its a sticky situation that in the grand scheme should not be taken lightly. Iran has been to south america with its allies to create a stronger presence on our continent as well as cuba. they arent minding their own business and they are not just after israel they are out to destroy the way we live and our values and everything we stand for.

3. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Let them all burn! lol jk

As soon as Israel attacks Iran we are going to pulled in too.

4. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Liberty, Freedom also means minding your own business (meaning you let sovereign nations work their shit out), we need to fix our own backyard before we start worrying about the neighbors..

The jury is still out on the Democracy thing.

The quicker we ween ourselves from dependance on the middle east for anything, the quicker our house will be in order...

5. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

China will soon be getting a lot of oil from the Canadian Tar Sands .

6. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    tostidos

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    Interesting. Wonder why we dont buy more oil from you guys? Oh wait we tried that obama just nixed that pipe line.

7. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    blitzburgh99

blitzburgh99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    239,600 (as of 7-20-13 and counting)original owner miles
    kill them all and let Allah sort them out!

8. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Can't blame it all on your current President , Canada has had oil for a lot longer than the current administration has been in power

9. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    tostidos

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    True but i seem to remember a time when the last pres had gas prices down to .80 a gal.

10. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  11. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    :wave:

just intelligent discussion in here.
    yep.

12. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Netflix, Google video, and You Tube all have a video you must see to understand the current situation in the Middle East. It's called What the West Needs to Know. It's been mentioned on the forum before but I think it needs brought up again. It is very well done and full of specific examples of why Islamic fundamentalists will not stop until they rule the world. (No matter how much their leaders asses get kissed by our leaders). Watch it and educate yourself on why there is NOTHING we can do to win peace or establish democracies in the Middle East (ME). I am a conservative but I think our continued presence in the ME is folly. We have lost too many heroes and we need to pull them out and level that sandbox.

Call me paranoid, a right-wing nut, etc., but these folks have it out for us and it doesn't matter what we do, or have ever done, these people have but one goal. They are called to it by their faith--a fanatical faith that few westerners truly understand. They want me dead, you dead, your children dead, etc., unless you either convert or submit to effectively slave status. Hell, look at what the hell is going on their today. Killing our servicemen over burning the Koran/Quoran... what? Over a book. I'm a devoted Christian but I would never even think of killing someone over desecration of the Bible. Do you see what we are up against. Any of you think this is paranoia are fools and have your heads in the sand.

Can't you see what is so clearly right in your face?

As for Iran, they are dangerous and we must stand by Israel and not let these fanatics develop a nuclear weapon. It's not like they haven't warned the world... they have said over and over they will stand for nothing less than an Israel-free world... that they will destroy Israel. What? Do we need any other warning? These Islamic fundamentalists are nuts and want to rule the world because Allah demands it.

Bottom line: I don't want my grandchildren having to deal with these monsters so we need to handle this now.

13. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    tostidos

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    well said sir.

14. Feb 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Canadian oil already goes to refineries in the Midwest. The pipeline is about getting it to refineries on the Gulf Coast. Refineries which happen to be in a tax free enterprise zone .. which means the oil companies cash in. NOT America. The reality is the US has been a net EXPORTER of gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel since 2008. The oil companies aren't interested in keeping your prices down. They're interested in the highest profit .. even if that means American companies selling out American citizens. It is true that capitalism is a great economic system. But capitalism without conscience is the most pernicious evil in the world today.

Sorry. Had to be said. :mad:

15. Feb 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Not to turn this into a left/right thing but the last pres. had as much to do with cutting any gas price as he has to do with inventing the wheel, for the record as of late I won't align myself with either party, same puppetts

As far as candidates go, I understand why Ron Paul is just written off by GOP as "unrealistic" Because he tells us all the unpopular side of policy & politics, its called the truth & like a true patriot he'll say what needs to be said ,just no one else has the balls to say it, a true constitutionalist

just my $.02

16. Feb 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    tostidos

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    my point was why would we get oil from canada or change what we were doing if we were only paying .80 a gal. Ah the good ole days. lately edging closer to the $5 mark something has to be done. anything. and the little bit we tried did not make it through. and no it wasnt just the pres it was the entire government. both sides. It was fishy in Fl when all the hurricanes bashed fl that one year. Charlie that went thru punta gorda. The gas prices sky rocketed the week it came in then never went back down. just an excuse to raise prices.

17. Feb 24, 2012 at 4:21 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    About 60% of our oil comes from Canada, Mexico is the 2nd largest contributer. Although it is still cheaper to buy oil from the mid east and ship it over here. Their oil is much easier to drill than oil that is offshore or up in AK. If we did not import any oil gas prices would be even higher. It's not the Govt's job to dictate the price of oil. The only thing they can do domesticaly is regulate oil speculators on wall street.

18. Feb 24, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I guess no one has a guess to this question about our Drone?

19. Feb 24, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    tostidos

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    As highly advanced as these drones are they are still new technology. They malfunction quite frequently. Im willing to bet the government is telling the truth on this one. :spy:

20. Feb 24, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    We get shit for being proactive in world affairs, we get shit for sitting back and being reactive, we get shit for doing nothing, we get shit for doing anything. We might as fucking well do what benefits and protects us and our way of life.

To Top