1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Iranian widow faces being stoned to death in days

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thebigk, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 9, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    jesus had an issue like this,he said,he that is without sin cast the first stone.

2. Jul 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    More than letting them live their lives as they see fit while we live ours the way we see fit??

That's the way it goes- Adults fix their own problems and have their own successes. America doesn't need to be a part of it all.

I'll say it again-It's not America job to make sure the rest of the world is "right" with our way of life.

3. Jul 9, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    As long as there is grass, sheep will be sheep.

4. Jul 9, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    Squid

Squid Swollen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona Red PreRunner TRD Off Road
    Debadged, Factory Roof Rack, Black Nerf Bars, Black MB Chaos Wheels, 265-75-16 BFG All Terrain T/A KOs, Rear Leaf TSB, Body Colored Grill with center sprayed black
    That's part of the problem. there was 'no substantial evidence' that she broke the law. A judge decided that he 'knew' she did it. So, he sentenced her to death.

5. Jul 9, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    It is not a matter of forcing our lifestyle on them - Giving a nod to people stoning people is not good policy.

6. Jul 9, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    Koov

Koov Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRDOR

X2.....^^^^^laws are fucked up there! "just organize and change laws" LOL....really..... like said above, people have tried and gotten killed for it. People are the people and everyone deserves some basic human rights!

7. Jul 9, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Mr. Bruins may be that judge...

8. Jul 9, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    Squid

Squid Swollen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, Factory Roof Rack, Black Nerf Bars, Black MB Chaos Wheels, 265-75-16 BFG All Terrain T/A KOs, Rear Leaf TSB, Body Colored Grill with center sprayed black
    It's not just America. Read some of the news sites from other 'civilized' countries and you will see that they are outraged too.

I agree that America does not need to be involved in every little situation around the world, but we have a moral obligation to at least stand up and shine the spotlight on things that are flat wrong and use whatever pressures we can to elicit change.

We ignored the Taliban, in Afghanistan, for years and look at what happened.

9. Jul 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    So with that mindset we should probably embrace Sharia law in our own country, for Muslims, so as not to offend - oh I mean, so that we can make sure we don't force our lifestyle on Muslims in the US? :rolleyes:

In the mean time let's not speak out on these atrocities - let's break our own county and stop commerce instead.

EDIT: Oh as not to offend anyone and so that this doesn't seem as though I am forcing my beliefs on anyone... This sarcasm exhibited above is just a reflection of MY OPINION!... And I understand that there are good people that disagree with my opinion - that's all. :)

10. Jul 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
  11. Jul 9, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  12. Jul 9, 2010 at 10:05 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you want to take what I say and twist it- That's your prerogative.

I don't think I said anything about offending anyone...I said- Lets keep our noses out of their law/country. If "they" (what ever group with different ideals you want to pick) are in the US...They should abide by our laws and plead their case to the general populous to see if their position is accepted or not.

And I'm not sure what you are getting at with the "break commerce" thing...I also mentioned that there are plenty of problems in the US that need dealing with before we worry about what a country 1/2 a world away is doing.

AS far as my comments about them organizing- Obviously there is a pretty large variety of opinion in their country (much like the US) that makes it so their efforts are not strong enuf. Once they care enuf to bring change about in the country...Maybe it'll be worthwhile to pitch in...but for now- Enuf people are okay with it- Who are we to judge?

13. Jul 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    interesting story.....
    i bet if she does get stoned to death then the cheating rate will drop.

14. Jul 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    With Sharia law, I don't understand how they would ever cheat in the first place! Women have rights rights under goats. :eek: It's illegal for them to be around any man other than their husband, brother or son. They resemble a rolled up carpet in public. No wonder goats are nervous in the Middle East!

15. Jul 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    You have every right to your opinion.

It is my opinion that we have a duty to the world. Or as the beautiful gift from France, the Statue of Liberty, indelibly marks the words of compassion from the poem of Emma Lazarus:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

To those of you that have immigrated here or who's close relatives that have, or those that have traveled the world, to 99% of the world population, the US represents hope and freedom (regardless of what some apologists think). I personally think that our message to the world should remain as such. Additionally, I think we have a responsibility to a higher power and to the rest of the world, to speak Truths to the world and not ignore the responsibility that goes along with our fortunate blessings.

As some of the messages to me have reflected (thank you), I think most all of us would agree that we are very fortunate to live in a place that has the collective values that we have. God Bless America! :cool:

Note: To those of you that were only wading in this pool regarding issues such as this, I am sorry - I thought I was in the deep end! :)

[​IMG]

16. Jul 10, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    I am a believer that the U.S. gets involved in other countries business too much. This is why so many countries hate us and we have so many enemies. Obviously their culture there is different, and I respect that. But I will absolutely agree that their government is a sham, and thus their legal system is too. I have no problem acknowledging that this practice is disturbing and disgusting. I think most normal human beings would agree. If nothing else, atleast make our opinion know.

Its not so simple to get rid of their current government. It is not as easy as simply voting them out, as evidenced by their last crooked election. With the uprising after the last election, I was hoping that the masses could overthrow the government, but it just didn't happen. You saw the videos. Some people gave their lives fighting for the freedom they want so bad. Like I said, I have two friends that are from Iran. I have asked them many questions. I can tell you that the common people of Iran like Americans, much more than their own government.

I am thankful for being an American. I take nothing for granted. I consider myself to be very lucky and very fortunate. I am proud to be an American.

17. Jul 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    caught my wife cheating last night, Can I get a two for one combo?

18. Jul 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    Squid

Squid Swollen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    :eek:

19. Jul 14, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    son of a bitch.... we're back to agreeing with each other. i think this is a horrendous law but it is not our job to fix it. our country is fastly falling into shambles, we need to focus on our problems instead of poking our nose where it doesn't belong.....again...

20. Jul 14, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Lets stone ND!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top