1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Irene

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TACOMA TRD, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Aug 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    I'm just glad it's not going to hit here as strongly as they thought. I may have to head to the beach tonight/tomorrow, though - just to see what the surf is like.

We're starting to get some rain now and I am sure it's going to get worse throughout the night tonight.

Best of luck to all of you Northeasterners, though.

Fink

2. Aug 30, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    DaveSmith

DaveSmith Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Wish I would have stayed up on this site prior to the storm. I'm in Milford, CT post Irene and have no power. Thank goodness for my trusty Tacoma, Warn and Stihl chain saw. I spent all yesterday clearing roads so the locals could get places.

Can you guys help me out and direct me to the proper threads as I can't find them quickly and don't have the time or power to search to long.

1. What is the biggest appliance that can be run off of the stock 115v, 400 Watt bd plug? I don't have specs on most of my power tools on hand but I'm betting that antying more then a laptop and coffee maker is too much for the bed plug. IE no refrigerators, even the small ones, no sawsalls....

2. What size generator would you guys recommend for to power a full size frig, chest freezer and small 10,000 BTU AC each 2hrs at a time independently... ie only one at a time? Any reviews on the little 2000 whisper the Honda sells for $1,000. Should I look at other brands?

Thanks for you help.

Products Discussed in

To Top