1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Allstar780, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Apr 23, 2022 at 7:04 AM
    ClimbMaintain

ClimbMaintain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB AT
    I've been reading glowing reviews of the front SumoSprings for Tacomas. Have any of you who have installed an FCP installed the front SumoSprings as well? And, if so, is it something worth doing?

hyrule_trd likes this.
  2. Apr 23, 2022 at 7:48 AM
    hyrule_trd

hyrule_trd It’s a Secret to Everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    Sorry, I can’t help with the leaf questions but I have seen the prices steadily increasing since I got my kit back in 2020. I think it’s due to the rise in material and shipping but those are just guesses. If you can, I’d wait for the next sale cuse at over 3200, it might be worth looking at Kings (based on reputation). Don’t get me wrong, with my kit now, I think it rides and performs great and have no complaints. A solid full kit for the price (when I got it). I’d recommend wait for a sale, reach out to @Ironman4x4America on their Instagram account and see if they can offer a discount or maybe @2013XSPX cab still swing deals.

I’ve got them on mine and would buy them again. The smooth out the bumps a little more than the shocks will alone and you’ll know that if you did have a hard hit that would hit the stops it’ll be less jarring. I have a video on this thread and one of the front sumo threads. I’ll post below. I had tested them with a spacer too so they would always touch the LCA but it made me a little uneasy that the would do more work then the shocks. Here is the video, before my last preload adjustment, so now there is probably more contact but not constant- https://youtu.be/2Kn5CglyyME

3. May 4, 2022 at 4:57 PM
    Jproz

Jproz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro
    Does anyone have these installed (ideally on a non-fully-built-out rig - skids and sliders are fine - but really no huge amount of weight in the bed) anywhere within an hour or so of the San Francisco East Bay? I’d love a ride to feel them first hand if there is someone willing and able.

hyrule_trd likes this.
  4. May 4, 2022 at 8:34 PM
    armoured

armoured Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 OR DCSB
    FYI I caved. Canceled my shocksurplus 6112/5160 order and headed to the Ironman store to buy my stage 2 FP. $2579 total ughh.

Install is about 3 weeks out currently and the total cost was 1250 OTD. It's pretty reasonable I think. Their rate is actually $1125 with allignment but I had an extra hour labor added on due to them taking out my 3rd leaf and install a ubolt flip kit. The guy there advised me to go with the constant leafs but take out the 3rd leaf. I'll have 500lbs constant in my bed and 800lbs fully loaded.

He said his friend who has an alucab was getting extreme rake and had to take out the 3rd leaf and his other friend kept it on but is running a camp-x which is about 1200lbs. Like others have been saying - these constant leafs are no joke.

I was thinking about going deaver stage 3's but this seems to be the perfect mid between a stage 2 and stage 3, which would fit me perfectly.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    the.shelbysaurus and hyrule_trd like this.
  5. May 4, 2022 at 9:31 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Ironman Stage 1 Foam Cell Pro lift kit, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx, SCS BR6 Wheels, SPC UCA, Heated seats, MESO TRD start button, Meso Total Tail v1, Meso V5 mirror white DRL turns, bed decal, ditch and hidden bumper lights, screen protech, RAV4 radio knobs, steering wheel anytime camera kit, dash cam, ECGS bushing, Timbren Active Off Road bump stops with Wheelers flip kit. 35% Xpel CS Ceramic Tint, KD Max Tune, SumoSprings front bump stops, RRW Sliders ‌ ‌ ▲ ▲‌ ▲
    I think they’re the best choice in that price range for a compete kit. Plus with you being close you could probably have them rebuild if they ever need it. Maybe in the future they’ll have other calving too. I think with them not being pressurized they’ll last a lot longer than the billies, kings, fox and others.

Superhulk LB likes this.
  6. May 4, 2022 at 11:59 PM
    the.shelbysaurus

the.shelbysaurus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue SR5 4x4 ACLB
    Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro, SPC UCAs, 285/70/17 KO2s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers
    Not local to you, but if you somehow find yourself in Seattle (before July) or Denver/Colorado Springs (after July), I'd be happy to let you ride in my truck. Granted, I have the 2.7 not a V6 and I opted for the 720# springs (rather than the 820# that comes standard in the Performance Load kits) so there's some difference there. I feel like we had someone from CA in here, but maybe they were Southern CA. @LiquidArrogance am I remembering right?

Unrelated b/c I see you've got a Pro so I doubt you're considering switching to Bilstein 5100s, but FYI for the thread: I can say from firsthand experience the FCP rides waaay better. I was back home recently and rented a Tacoma with 5100s and was so unhappy with the ride. Every time I hit a pothole/patch I'd think to myself, "ugh, my truck would handle this SO much better". Very jerky and harsher than I expected- felt similar to the stock suspension in how I was getting jostled around. I also very clearly felt every single bump in the road whereas with the FCP, it tends to just glide over and smooth out the smaller stuff. There was still noticeable nose dive when braking too.

LiquidArrogance and hyrule_trd like this.
  7. May 5, 2022 at 5:23 AM
    LiquidArrogance

LiquidArrogance Well-Known Member

Member:
    Streets of Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2021 SSM Sport 4x4
    Unfortunately not as close to the bay as an hour. I'm down in Bakersfield... not sure it'd be worth the drive for you especially with gas where it's at.

8. May 6, 2022 at 9:21 AM
    Jproz

Jproz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro
    @the.shelbysaurus and @LiquidArrogance
    Thanks for chiming in. You pretty much nailed it @the.shelbysaurus (albeit relative to the 5100s); I want a lift and I’m trying to get a feeling for the difference between the Pro Fox OEM ride versus the FCP (especially given the sale this month). (If I’m grabbing a lift, I’d love to upgrade ride quality while I’m at it - because why not).
    All I’ve got is skids and sliders as well as being on stock size maxxis razr ats. That most certainly will expand in future but spring swaps can deal with that - I’m also not building out a crawler either.

9. May 6, 2022 at 9:58 AM
    LiquidArrogance

Member:
    Streets of Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2021 SSM Sport 4x4
    FWIW: They're *always* running sales.

10. May 6, 2022 at 1:17 PM
    the.shelbysaurus

the.shelbysaurus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue SR5 4x4 ACLB
    Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro, SPC UCAs, 285/70/17 KO2s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers
    @Jproz this, for real. Really the thing you're trying to beat is when they bump prices up every few months(?) or maybe it's like every 6. But they've been steadily going up usually by at least a couple hundred each time.

11. May 6, 2022 at 2:12 PM
    Jproz

Jproz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 LR Pro

Yah I’m on it. Been watching for months now. I’m trying to avoid buying em blind though, if you know what I mean.

12. May 6, 2022 at 4:10 PM
    ShawZ

ShawZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    N. NV
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma DCSB
    Ironman FCP Stg 2 FN f(x) AT3W 285/70/17 RSI SmartCap
    Not within an hour, but in Reno. If you venture up the hill, feel free to reach out! :cheers:
    Basically stock plus a topper. Went with the heavy springs, but removed 3rd and 5th. Happy with the ride.

ohcaltexscar likes this.
  13. May 6, 2022 at 4:43 PM
    jasmits1

jasmits1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB Off Road 6MT
    Ironman FCP with SPC UCAs
    Don’t take this for granted though, I bet the reason they’ve constantly been running sales is to establish themselves in North America. Their brand recognition has grown astonishingly since the first time I heard about them two or three years ago when they opened their NA distribution center and started popping up at every local 4x4 and off road event here(I’m in Portland, their warehouse and awesome showroom/retail store is just a little south of Portland)

bloodyclownsuit and ohcaltexscar like this.
  14. May 7, 2022 at 2:40 PM
    LiquidArrogance

Member:
    Streets of Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2021 SSM Sport 4x4
    I feel you. I was glad I got in when I did... base price has already gone up over $400 since I got my FCP kit.

ohcaltexscar and hyrule_trd like this.
  15. May 7, 2022 at 3:13 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Yeah, I’m not sure if it’s that they are able to raise as word is getting out how good they are to make a profit or if it due to cost of material.
    I took a quick look and when I was deciding between these and the 6112/5160 with SPC uppers the billies were in the 1800 range and now they are 2400. I mean, milk is double what it was too…

16. May 8, 2022 at 11:28 AM
    jasmits1

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB Off Road 6MT
    I think you're right, the raising prices are likely cost of materials/shipping etc.

The sales are definitely about getting their name out.

ohcaltexscar likes this.
  17. May 9, 2022 at 12:14 PM
    armoured

armoured Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 OR DCSB
    Anyone running the IM UCA's with 34"s (285/75/17 and -12OS)? If not, I'll report back shortly how that goes lol.......Maybe I should have only gotten stage 1 and SPC arms.....Praying that it all works with a CMC.

ohcaltexscar and hyrule_trd like this.
  18. May 9, 2022 at 12:38 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    Someone here was talking about putting 34s on… was that you lol. I’ll have to check and see. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out though!

19. May 9, 2022 at 1:22 PM
    jasmits1

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB Off Road 6MT
    You could try calling them and see if you can change your order to a Stage 1 or if it's shipped/arrived see if you can return them for the difference you paid extra for Stage 2. The (very knowledgable) shop I had my FCPs installed at recommended the SPC over the Ironman UCAs because they have more adjustability so that's the safer bet.

They wanted the extra adjustment on my truck to be able to clear 285/75/16s without rubbing or chopping so I have no clue about 34s, maybe they'll fit fine with the IM UCAs or maybe neither will work but they'll be more likely to fit with the SPCs.

20. May 9, 2022 at 1:43 PM
    hyrule_trd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Harford County, MD
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TRD OR
    again it looks like I didn’t comprehend what was written… I’d guess, as @jasmits1 said they would change it. I have SPC on mine but went with 255/85/16s.
    When it’s time to get new tires, I’ll get 285/75/16s. I love the look of the 255 but E rated tires make you feel every bump and a disservice to the lift lol. Not saying the ride is bad, just no flex in the tires.

ohcaltexscar likes this.
To Top