1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is everything out of stock in the US?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by satmanski, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Oct 27, 2010 at 12:02 AM
    satmanski

satmanski [OP] 12yrs 170k

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2011 4dr TRD
    Avid Offroad Light Bar, Rigid 10" E2 and SRQ backup lights, Weathertech Floor mats, GrillCraft Insert, tinted windows, DebadgeD, Yakima Bike carrier inserts, afe pro dry air filter, Seat belt chime defeat
    Since I bought my truck last month I've been ready to tear into it. TW is a candy store of ideas and projects as I'm sure you all know. So at first I was pacifying myself with the door chime mod and new weathertechs...good start. I'm hitting the forums and emailing members to get ideas and reviews. Got it all mapped out...until.

I finally figure out which wheels I want and order them. Konig countersteer offroads, 16x8 in black. Sweet. Not so fast though, after the order I get the dreaded email that is more than a confirmation. JLB says nay, we just sold our last pair and backorder time is 1-2 months. To their credit they did give me my lug nuts for free ($40) and offered some alternatives (blue, black with a red stripe, or $120 more to have a set custom painted) but they did what they could so I'm cool with it.

I have a 2011 and grillcraft joined the naysayers gang early. Nothing yet for my ride. *update* got an email and they are ready to go. Perfectly timed groupbuy. Thanks again TW.

Next up on my wish list was an Avid off road light bar. Brandon is behind schedule, I guess, so I'm waiting for that one, too. Today was the last straw, I ordered a replacement grill for some satoshi fun and was hit with yet another 'we don't have' it email. Not just from the business selling the grille but also the company selling the epoxy to smooth things out.

So today I grabbed my sisters hair dryer and ripped all the badges off my truck. (debadge mod +1).

CMWS (craving mods without supplies) :goingcrazy:

2. Oct 27, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    Welcome to TW . . . are you really looking for an answer to why many things are not in stock?

. . . the economy has made everyone cut their inventories and man-power which has a trickle-down effect all the way to the raw mat'l suppliers. It'll be quite a while before it comes back.

TW will make you go broke but your truck will look damn good!

3. Oct 27, 2010 at 4:40 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    No supplies?

-Paint what ya' can without going overboard. Badges, Emblem, Wheels, maybe the tailpipe.
    -Stickers are cheap and can add some good looks.
    -Lotta folks do things to thier interior. There is some kind of IPOD mod where the guy cut a spot into his shift cover/console to hold an IPOD.
    -LED interior dome light, AutoZone may carry some, they do at the store in my area. About $15.
    -Change your dash lighting.
    -Lotta guys rig up their beds too. Fishing pole holders, lights, all kinds of neat stuff that you would more than likely be able to find "parts" for at a Wal-Mart or similar store.
    -You could deter tailgate theft with a hose clamp.
    -Would mention something about the BHLM, but your ordered some off Ebay, correct? (If you did, what kind did you get, do you like them, how is their quality and are they holding up/no leaking?)
    -You 4x4? Light up your selector switch.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Oct 27, 2010 at 4:54 AM
    travelingman

travelingman What would Scooby do?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07lb4x4DC
    ticking eng.mo,ventvisors,locking tailgate,wheelmasters ss spare tire inflation line,weathertech mats
    I feel your pain.I ordered a set of Smittybilt step bars on 10-8 and was given a ship date of 10-18 thru 10-22.No ship.got an e-mail yesterday telling me it might not ship till 12-3.WTF? 2mos.to fab up some step bars is bullshit.

5. Oct 27, 2010 at 5:04 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    OK, I'll back off the "Fuck! Every time I see something I like it's discontinued or not in stock" nonsense that I thought I was the only one that ran into, since it seems I am not alone, lol.............nor is the OP. My MAJOR bitch about this is the fact that you don't find out this shit until after you've thrown money at it. It should say out of stock before you dedicate time and funds to it dammit!

6. Oct 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    satmanski

satmanski [OP] 12yrs 170k

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2011 4dr TRD
    Avid Offroad Light Bar, Rigid 10" E2 and SRQ backup lights, Weathertech Floor mats, GrillCraft Insert, tinted windows, DebadgeD, Yakima Bike carrier inserts, afe pro dry air filter, Seat belt chime defeat
    Haven't looked at the bhlm since I did a close look at my headlight assembly. Seems they are using dark sections of plastic and the reflective sections of the light assembly pick up my dark grey paint so it looks pretty dark already. Enough so that I decided not to do the bhlm for now. Good idea though that was one of my first mod ideas. Cooking headlights? awesome!!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top