1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is P90X used by any TW members?

Discussion in 'Health' started by w8n4mud, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    This program is a joke. I watched my bro do it for 21 days before he figured it out too.

It is great for someone who knows nothing about working out or dieting.

Let me sum it up for you:

(1) Do every exercise for every muscle group until complete exhaustion.
    (2) Eat about 1000 calories a day, try to cut as much red meat and empty calories as you can, snack on gross vegetables all day.

The downsides of the program:

(3) Many of the workouts (especially the warm up) will make you look stupid, and others will laugh at you.
    (4) The Diet kills your energy level
    (5) Calls for a 6 day workout routine, not good for your immune system.

I say get a hobby that is fun for you (I like biking surfing and BJJ), and do it 3-4 times per week. Pick up a workout routine at the gym to supplement you hobby and clean up your diet. That guy in the video is a cheeseball.

2. Oct 26, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Guys, I'm not out of shape and I mountain bike. Not only that, I do have a membership to a gym but need that kick in the ass to get me rolling & looking like I did some years back. Upper body all I need. This P90X thing will be done at home. I cut soda off from my diet (with the exception of the little coke they put in a Long Island Iced Tea) just over a week ago.

[​IMG]

3. Oct 26, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    You are missing the point. If you know how to workout and diet, the program is $150 of wasted money.

What exactly are you trying to do...lean out or bulk up?

4. Oct 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Lean out and get defined. I want tight muscles and a flat stomach in a nut shell.

5. Oct 26, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    Its_Taco_Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad

Haha don't we all. How is your diet? That is the key to leaning out. To get your goal you should be very low calorie(1500), high fiber(30+g), high lean protein (your body weight).

At the gym, lighten the weights and rep it out. Do burn out sets and super sets for upper body.

On the mtb kick it down a few cogs and power up the hills (although it looks like I don't need to tell you that :D)

6. Oct 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I'm going to try this starting Monday. My buddie is going to
    burn the DVDs for me.

7. Oct 26, 2009 at 10:42 PM
    rvtsteve

rvtsteve Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Albany, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC MGM SB
    My muscles are confused just reading this!

I don't completely disagree with you about just knowing how to eat and exercise, but it's just not that easy for some people and we need or want a program to follow.

P90X has a minimum 1800 calorie diet and that's for the most lean and active users. People like me get to/are advised to eat as much as 3,000 calories in order to have the energy needed to workout, recover and keep it up. The nutrition guide is actually designed to give you as much energy as possible with as little excess as possible, there are 3 nutrition levels and 3 phases to the nutrition plan designed to keep you in the game and be progressive as you move through the workouts and get in better shape. I actually know a lot about nutrition but having a plan to follow with my workouts simplifies things for me, even if it only acts as guidelines.

I'm starting the program this week and have been gearing and reading as I get ready. Yeah you can just eat well and exercise, but that's easier said than done and sometimes having someone show you what to do and be able to look stupid in your own living room makes it a little easier for that initial push into getting in shape.

Just how I see it.

8. Oct 26, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    rvtsteve

rvtsteve Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Albany, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC MGM SB
    On a related note, I'm looking to lose a ton of weight and get in good shape...as soon as I'm done this beer!

Anyone want to do a challenge or follow each other's progress to keep ourselves motivated and on task? I plan on starting the program this week.

I'm 30 y/o and currently 6'2 pushing 270lbs! Shocks everyone when I tell them I'm that heavy, I guess I "carry it well" also I'm fairly active and move pretty well for as big as I am, just not for a very long time.

Before anyone comes in and tells me to start slow and be careful; thank you, I will. I was an athlete for my whole life until I quit basketball my freshman year in college. So, I have some sense of how to work out correctly, plus I do a ton of research before I start.

Anyway, pm me if you're interested. We can work out the details.

9. Oct 27, 2009 at 12:01 AM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Just throwing this out there, not suggestion anyone to do it, but I got the Intensity entirely free on 3 DVDs instead of 10. Pm me if you want details

I work out regularly and am still trying to decided if I wanna look like a retard or anger the people that live below me haha

10. Oct 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    I say anger the people below you. That's just my opinion. As far as the food intake is concerned, I'm not eating bad nor is it that good. Better than average IMO.

I weigh between 175 & 180. I'm 5'9" and would like to be at 160 to 165. It doesn't seem that much, but it's not that easy. Hence, one motivation was to remove the soda intake. Next, I'll have to increase my sex appetite for the stomach muslces. :D Hmmm... oh yeah and the weights got to fit in that equation some where.

Products Discussed in

To Top