1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is the TRD sport upgrade hard to come by?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Me Likey TRD, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Apr 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    vidaurriyota

vidaurriyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Denver,CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport White 4WD
    Tint, Plastidipped badges and wheels, Bilstien 5100's
    I had more trouble finiding a long bed then short in white. TRD Sport Shortbed dbl cabs up the wazoo in denver.

2. Apr 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    Me Likey TRD

Me Likey TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    Toytec Ultimate w/Dakar leaf packs, Michilin 265/75/16 LTX AT2, FJ Trail Team replica wheels, Access Ltd bed cover, Katzkin leather, Brute Force rear bumper, Relentless Fab front bumper, Beefed sliders
    Now that made me smile. I was just telling the wife that Colorado seems to have all the short bed super white trucks.;)

3. Apr 20, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    Bama_TACO

Bama_TACO ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Member:
    Winfield, AL
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner Double Cab TRD SPORT
    Double Cab Short Bed Sports are way more popular in my part of the country than Long Beds.

4. Apr 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    x2. Everybody seems to go for DCSB So they sell especially if they TRD. DCLB is a rare sight and usually waits for "motivated" buyer at the dealer.
    There are 6 Tacomas at my work mine is the only LB. Actually I have seen maybe only few DCLB since 2005.

5. Apr 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    mbrogz3000

mbrogz3000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    I'd say it just depends. If you head to a dealer in a rural area, they will probably have 20-30 tacomas and Tundras, including 2 year old used, on the lot. Majority of trucks will be 4x4 and have the higher option trims to the TRD level. He may have 1 RWD 4 cyl, but its certain he isn't going an x-runner if you follow. He'll probably have one TX-Pro as well that is 'extremely rare' and can only accept a sticker price offer on. Short/long bed options are the same way. My area had an abundance of TRD sports and off roads, color selection would have been an issue for some though.

If you are checking in an urban area, they are more than likely to have a couple x-runners, maybe a TRD sport, but not a full fleet of trucks to pick from.

Dealers use this as leverage to get you into paying more for the truck. But you can also leverage price if your willing to drive up to 100-200 miles elsewhere to find the exact truck configuration you want.

6. Apr 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    I hear ya on the super whites, I am selling my 2007 White CC/SB TRD Sport PreRunner, I want to replace it with the the same thing in 4x4. Very hard to do. I've found a few but have had to look on Carmax, Ebay , and Craigslist. I've decided to go with a 2009-2011 White CC/SB TRD OffRoad <25K mileage, and get a hoodscoop from a junk yard and paint the door handles and mirrors white. That way I get the Locking Diff and Atrac, but it will look Identical to the TRD Sport.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Apr 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    I know it sounds like a bit much but I'm building my dream truck.

8. Apr 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Me Likey TRD

Me Likey TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    Toytec Ultimate w/Dakar leaf packs, Michilin 265/75/16 LTX AT2, FJ Trail Team replica wheels, Access Ltd bed cover, Katzkin leather, Brute Force rear bumper, Relentless Fab front bumper, Beefed sliders
    My extended search yielded just one truck. But it's 500 miles away and is equiped with Entune - a $1500 item I don't want and wouldn't use.

Just got to be patient and keep looking.

Products Discussed in

To Top