1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a good deal?? HELP ASAP!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tarheelfan_08, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    Oh and if anyone can answer my question on the cover I would really appreciate it!

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    pauldotcom

pauldotcom Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport Quad Cab
    OEM Roof Rack, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75", Rear 1" block, TRD 17' Wheels
    There are a ton of people on here, including myself, that paid around 28,000 brand new. This is a BAD idea. You might like the chrome stuff, but its not factory and it might be cheapo stuff that will rust/pit in the future. The bed cover is nice, yes.

New tires already is strange. This is not a good idea, IMOP

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    The guy told me today he got new tires because he wanted a more aggressive look!
    And they are selling it for 27,500...the 28 is after tags!

4. Aug 4, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    225nontypical

225nontypical ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats

not trying to be rude but it sounds like you have your mind made up you have defended the truck and the price in every post so if you like it buy it, we will not be the ones driving it. i still think for the price you could do better but i do not live in your area. so good luck

5. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    Devildoc

Devildoc Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lincoln, California
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue off road
    Running board, K&N air filter, Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 on ProComp 7089(285/70/17), 3" front lift and 1.5" AAl rear, all with bilstein 5100's with Eibach spring, 1/2 spacer in driver side and 1/4 spacer on the passenger, Wicked Flow exhaust, Debadge, satoshi raptor grille (HomerTaco)
    I bought my truck for $28,400 brand new and it is a 4x4 DB Short bed with offroad and tow package. IMO, with only a couple hundreds difference, I would rather buy it brand new. With the 2011 already out, you can get a new truck for less than I paid. All the extras might off the truck sooner or later to make it your own. You will be on modification mode fever sooner or later. It is better to start off with a plain taco than trying to sell some the accessories.

6. Aug 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    I definitely see where you guys are coming from! I am not sold on it yet! Me and dad will look and drive tomorrow and I will follow my heart! And let God show me the right answer!

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 4:16 AM
    cobrakenny

cobrakenny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Crew Cab 4x4 LB
    Here in NC the Taco market can be brutal. It took me many months of shopping and waiting for the right one so I feel your pain! I was happy to get mine at what I paid but it was still more than some of the guys paid in other parts of the country so it is definately a regional thing. The truck you are looking at sounds like a marginal deal, good that it's certified and it looks really clean in the pics but this time of year should be a good time to score a deal on a new one if there is one to be had. I found last year there were not that many new 2010's 4 doors left on the lots around here at all. I was considering the merits of traveling quite a ways when I came accross mine. Remember a $99 Airline flight and a $50 taxi ride can sometimes save many more $$$$$ I bought my bike brand new in Florida saved $2000 and road it home. One of the best rides of my life and net savings was $1500! Good luck with the test drive! Just take some time to check new before you pull the trigger that's all. As a previous poster said "if this one gets gone before you decide...then it most likely wasn't meant to be"

8. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    GSB

GSB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Odenton, MD 21113
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DC Long Bed
    If you plan on getting rid of the bug guard, if it is a OEM Toyota one, I bet the paint is rubbed off under the clips that hold it on. Might want to check before you buy.

9. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    DarrellH3

DarrellH3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport LB
    I paid 26,400 for my '09 TRD Sport DBL Cab LB w/JBL. I didn't even haggle. I thought you were looking for a Long Bed. I wouldn't give up on that if that is what you want. I have had two long beds and I wouldn't trade for a short bed. Sounds too high for used to me. The extras this truck has should add nothing to the price of the truck.

10. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    There are pads under neath the bug guard! But if it has one mark on it...no go on the truck!

11. Aug 5, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I think the truck seems like a fair deal. Alot of it, like was said, is based on geography. I paid $27,500 for my '09 in November of '09, and it was the EXACT same truck (Sport 4x4 white Double Cab short bed) with 6k on it. Around here, dealers absolutely would not budge on new Tacomas, because everyone was trading in their full size for one, so demand wasn't an issue. So in my case, it made sense.

To me, anything less than 10k is basically "brand new" on these trucks, so IMO, the argument is pretty negligible. No one is going to ruin one of these things in 11k miles as long as they take halfway decent care of it, which it looks like this person did.

BUT, I thought you really wanted a long bed? Sounds to me like you're getting ancy and starting to settle on what's available rather than slowing down and getting what you want. I searched for my truck for 3+ months and drove 600 miles each way to get it because it was cheap and it was exactly what I wanted. If you want the long bed, you're going to regret getting the short bed eventually.

And please learn how to use the "." instead of the "!" all the time.

12. Aug 5, 2010 at 6:19 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Wern't you just looking at a brand new one for 26,000?

13. Aug 5, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    i know its too far away but try villagetoyota.com

14. Aug 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    cobrakenny

cobrakenny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Crew Cab 4x4 LB
    Jesse could be right about the Florida thing. Don't be limited by region. Again the travel cost could easily be offset by the deal. Check in cities that fly direct from RDU, those flights can be had for really cheap. Like RDU to Miami for $99 where I bought the bike. Also you might want to check areas where pick up trucks are not the standard form of transportation as here in NC, they might be a little more willing to deal. I was actually getting ready to buy in NJ when I came across my Taco.
    I remember a post somewhere here about why the NC region is so expensive for Yotas, something about some grandfather clause on distributerships but I can't seem to find it now, sorry dude. Biggest thing is don't be in a rush dealers can smell that on you.
    Also I meant to say in my previous post that I wasn't able to find any "2009's" left on the lot in NC this time last year...not 2010's.

Products Discussed in

To Top