1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a good DEAL?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FXHO, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    FXHO

FXHO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Miami,FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
  2. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    nice truck. but for a 2007 with 36k miles they are asking way too much.

you cant get your money back on mods done to the vehicle.

3. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    FXHO

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Miami,FL
    Vehicle:
    even considering that its lifted, tires, wheels, and SUPERCHARGER

4. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    If u can talk him down to like 22 or 21 then yea

5. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    redlight

redlight fresh taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    TRD Cold Air Intake & Cat Back Exhaust 3" Toytec ULK, Kings in the back Dual Battery Lights, electronics, etc...
    Pretty decent deal if you consider it's got a lift, supercharger, and aftermarket stereo... as long as the owner didn't beat it to hell. It's got less miles than my '08, which I bought new. Generally I've seen a nominal increase in value due to aftermarket upgrades, which may or may not be insurable.

6. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Supercharger increases the value. But thats about it. Lift and tires... not so much. Even with the supercharger I wouldn't pay what they are asking.

Heres the thing though. If you see the value in all of those add-ons and mods and think its worth it, then go for it. If you want to just buy the truck set up the way you want it and don't feel like doing it on your own, then go for it.

All up to you. I'd rather mod my own truck to make it mine.

7. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    FXHO

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Miami,FL
    Vehicle:
    definitely true. but i was just asking. the main thing i was really looking at was the supercharger.

8. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    FXHO

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Miami,FL
    Vehicle:
  9. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    FXHO

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Miami,FL
    Vehicle:
    and the reason why im asking is because i know you guys are the expert in this so I wanted to get the experts opinion and to make sure Im not over paying for a truck.

10. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    some good points here. im no taco expert, off roader or mod king but ive been in retail for the past 15 years and theres 1 rule not to forget:

if ya like it, can afford it and it makes ya smile, buy it. resale may not matter as much to some and sometimes it doesnt even have to fit yer needs, just as long as it "does it" for yer soul. its a beautiful truck.

11. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    redlight

redlight fresh taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    TRD Cold Air Intake & Cat Back Exhaust 3" Toytec ULK, Kings in the back Dual Battery Lights, electronics, etc...
    I'd also consider whether or not you want to end up with exactly those mods... if you're planning on adding those anyway, you can save a lot of money in the long run by buying a truck exactly as fixed up as you want it. If you want to save money or don't like what they've done, get one for cheaper w/o the mods.

12. Nov 19, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    looks to me like yer used pricing is about equal to ours. at the 22-24k prices, stripped or low option specs and the mileage outta warranty or damn close to it, i decided it was well worth the roughly 5k additional to start with a new truck. at 2.9 apr, it was a easy call and now i hear its droppin to 1.9 in dec. think on that a bit.

Products Discussed in

To Top