1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IS THIS A GOOD OFFER ON A 2012???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoNoire, Feb 7, 2012.

?

Is $30,570 OTD a good deal on a 2012 tacoma access w/ TRD?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2012.
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Feb 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    zapper

zapper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Erie, PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5
    There is a web site called "dealer rater". Search by by vehicle and location. Say "tacoma" "cleveland area" or all of Ohio. These dealers sign up and are supposed to meet certain criteria. You will see quite a few car buyers send in comments on their car buying experience. If nothing else you can determine which are the more popular dealers and who has the most good ratings. You can email the dealers you want to work with right from that web site. Thats how I ended up with my 2012. Take your time.

2. Feb 25, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    Headhunter

Headhunter Active Member

Member:
    Cleveland, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab TRD Sport
    I used the Costco program, worked out really well. No haggle on the price of the vechicle and got a good deal on my trade. After, was able to take a 7 question survey and got a $50 coupon for any service or accessory at the dealership.

3. Feb 25, 2012 at 8:33 AM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    OH SNAP!

4. Feb 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    With that final 30k price make sure they included "freight" in that price!! Alot of internet prices do NOT include freight which in turn can raise the price by hundreds or even thousands. I created a thread for situations just like this... here. I work for a dealership and made the thread to help fellow Tacoma owners or possibly future Tacoma owners. Check all the links before you agree and/or sign any papers!! There is a lot of very good tools and link I put in there for people to use. I feel if it helps 1 person the thread is a complete success.

5. Feb 26, 2012 at 7:40 AM
    11Speedway

11Speedway Well-Known Member

Member:
    Held Hostage in Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    Stock 11 TRD OffRoad Access Cab
    Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville NC is a "one price, no haggle dealer". They list the V6 Access Cab, auto, TRD with DZAT audio package, TWAT Towing Package, a bed mat, daytime running lights and PV40 carpet mats with a sticker of $31,422 and a sell price of $29,289.

Might be a good place to do a comparison, just for comparison's sake.

6. Feb 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    TacoNoire

TacoNoire [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    أينما كن
    Vehicle:
    يتضمن ك
    Coming soon....
    That's a great deal! It may be beneficial for me to go to a dealership in another state and drive it home. I could catch a plane and drive it back for much less than $1k, the diff between my price and that Dealership in Ashville, NC. Thanks!

7. Feb 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    I to applaud you for living debt free......it sounds like you have been listening to Dave Ramsey.

and I dont know for sure about best pricing, but I do know that you should always argue the price down. Also, just because, whenever you pay for your truck, bring actual cash in and video, you will get a few great shocked faces.

8. Feb 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    OP, I just wanted to add that if you want to consider a used truck you can still get the college grad discount on certified pre-owned. Also I wouldn't mention about it until after negotiating a deal, the 1k is from Toyota so it shouldn't affect the offer. That is the way I did it, that was after getting a 2nd dealer to beat the first ones price, then brought the CG program up. They didn't have any issue with it and didn't give me any trouble about that.

Products Discussed in

To Top