1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a good set up for a 2" inch lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by JustinTRD4x4, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Sep 25, 2020 at 10:30 AM
    JustinTRD4x4

JustinTRD4x4 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD Sport 4x4
    Hello all,

I have a question about a lift set up for my 2019 TRD Sport. I've been doing a lot of research and I think I landed on what I want to do for a suspension upgrade. I wanted to get a 2 inch lift all around (rake doesn't bother me because I tow). I do have a roof top tent and RCI bed rack that I will leave on for short-long periods of time and no plans for a front or rear bumper. I also do a good bit of logging road driving to get to hunting spots and hiking. I wanted to get a lift and also improve the ride quality on bumpy trails. I'm sure anything will be better than the OEM sport suspension for off road use. I'm also not sure if I need anything else like extended U-bolts. Any help or information would be great!

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1...OCowbWBazL550B5rNQMJ9iL_f5zsQNmEaAiRhEALw_wcB

o https://www.headstrongoffroad.com/s...-__Various_Lift_Heights_Available_(PAIR).html

o https://www.headstrongoffroad.com/s..._ONLY_LEAF_PACKS_for_2005__Toyota_Tacoma.html

2. Oct 7, 2020 at 4:20 PM
    Shades_Of_Red

Shades_Of_Red Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium Cavalry Blue
    A few.
    Yes, either of the first 2 choices would give you 2 inches of lift in the front. Some people who have the OME coils installed have stated they experienced some sag after having them on for a while.

For the rear you could use a whole leaf pack like you posted or a single AAL (add a leaf) or a 3 leaf AAL to raise the rear 2 inches and stiffen it up to carry weight better.

3. Oct 7, 2020 at 4:27 PM
    JustinTRD4x4

JustinTRD4x4 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD Sport 4x4
    Thanks for the reply and info! I was also considering Eibach springs. For the 3 AAL, what brand is recommended? I do want to to have something that can handle my RTT and a trailer.

4. Oct 7, 2020 at 4:37 PM
    Shades_Of_Red

Shades_Of_Red Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium Cavalry Blue
    A few.
    The 2 most popular ones seem to be Headstrongs 3 leaf and Icon's.

5. Oct 8, 2020 at 5:12 AM
    dk_crew

dk_crew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma 4x4
    I have the Headstrong progressive AAL and am happy with it. I'm sure the full leaf replacement would be better than the AAL but I had the TSB not too long ago so I figured I'd try these first and they've been fine.

For the trailer you may consider the Firestone ride rite airbags and daystar cradles. These have been invaluable for me -- air them up when tugging the trailer (~2200 lbs) and simply remove the air once I arrive to hit the trails. When camping w/o the trailer, I'll load it up and sometimes find myself adding a few psi to the bags for the trip out. Then simply air the bags down once I arrive and setup camp.

Products Discussed in

To Top