1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this a really expensive fix?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by iJDub, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Apr 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    iJDub

iJDub [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Was wondering if anyone knows roughly how much this would cost to straighten back out...thanks.

(not concerend about the fender and door, but cost to straigthen out the body).

Damage.jpg

2. Apr 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    Nick54

Nick54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Qualifier - I'm no body man. I would guess that the box post at the front end of the door jam would need to be cut and replaced, the rest can likely be beat out, bondoed, etc. Damn that's a bummer, I hope you get it back together soon.

3. Apr 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    TiMe

TiMe Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab 4x4
    6" Fabtech with coilovers 33" nitto mud grapplers
    I work in a bodyshop and we would write it to replace that panel. If you want it done right, section a new piece in that spot. Im sure theres damage behind it also.

4. Apr 28, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    ColoradoTaco

ColoradoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Boulder
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB OFFROAD
    heres some perspective i got in minor i mean minor fender bender and the bill came out to 3000 i could not imagine how much that will cost to be done right.

5. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
  6. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    That yours or are you looking at buying it?!

7. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    I had a golf ball size dent and it cost me $1200. I can't imagine how much that will be

8. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Tint. (DONE) Soon to come. 3in Llift (OME) Color matched grill (DONE) BHLM (DONE) Tail tint (DONE) Pro comp rims (8069) End goal: Murdered out truck
    ONE.......MILLION DOLLARS. It'll cost money though, each shop is gonna quote you and say well the integrity of the truck is partially compromised you can clearly see it so it'll take some work, they might just try and take your arm or leg right then and there. Same thing happened to me years ago. I walked away instantly

9. Apr 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    What happend?

10. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    iJDub

Member:
    It's actually a truck I was looking at buying. I decided not to as the cost to fix could be substantially more than I'm willing to invest. Thanks for the feedback!

11. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
    Also looks like the uca is sitting on the tire

12. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    My ballpark is 4k-5k since there is extensive damage to the floor pan...it is going to take a lot of straightening.

I suspect the truck was totaled, he did a buy back and now trying to dump it since the repair cost with salvage title puts him under water...or he spent the insurance money.

Howard

13. Apr 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    iJDub

Member:
    Yes, the tire got jamed under the UCA. It was a 2010 TRD Offroad 4X4 DCSB pretty much fully loaded, 2500 miles. Damages included what I showed you, both passenger side doors, windshield, fender, headlights, grill, front end damage to suspension (pretty much needed a new suspension, hub, brakes, wheel at that corner), center console plastic, glove box...and some minor cosmetic damage. What really concerned me is that the transmission shiftbox sat canted towards the driver ever so slightly...it appeared as if the hit was signficant enough that it moved the transmission - causing more damage than I could see there.

I figured if the insurance company totaled such a new car worth 30K, there must be atleast 10-15K in damage. I was looking for a car with damage so I could fix it back up the way I want to but I balked cause in NV in order to get a rebuilt title to drive on the street I'd have to repair it and have DMV certify it...I'm not sure they'd approve it with the kind of mods I was going to make and I didn't want to repair to original factory specs just to tear it back down...I would have snatched it up at under 15K but the auction went above that.

14. Apr 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    hetkind

hetkind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    Johnson City
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 Access Cab, white with Leer Cap
    bilstein set at 1.75, Racho 5000 rear with 4 leaf kit, floor mats, high lift jack, pull hook in hitch, bed rail corner braces, severe duty brake pads and devil horns on the grill....
    I suspect bought by a professional rebuilder who needs the body panels from the OTHER side of the truck, or who can fix it with parts on hand from other wrecks.

Stay away, stay very far away.

Howard

To Top