1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this normal for my Fox suspension?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jtweezy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Jun 5, 2016 at 5:26 PM
    jtweezy

jtweezy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2014 4X4 DCSB OR V6
    Fox 2.5 remote reservoirs + DSC installed on all 4 corners. Total Chaos UCAs up front. When I got over a "whoop" on-road, the front makes a rumbling sound (heard from INSIDE the cab) like the sound you get when you've got a bunch of stuff in the bed and it rolls/shifts around...only it's coming from the front.

Bolts are torqued to spec, nothing looks loose, nothing sounds weird from OUTSIDE the truck so I'm not too concerned that something's going to snap off. Is this just a characteristic of this type of suspension? I had OMEs all around before this and didn't have this kind of noise.

Been searching...still searching...but have only found people with clunking/popping or squeaking noises.

Any help would be great!

2. Jul 15, 2017 at 4:31 PM
    azzwethinkweiz

azzwethinkweiz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DCSB V6 6-Spd, TRD OR, Tow Package
    I know this is a bit old now but I've read multiple people having a similar issue with the Fox shocks. Often it is caused by the sway Bar (if you still have it) or the coilovers topping out (max droop) . Some people have recommended limiting straps if that's the case. There's also the chance of tire rub causing noises, but you would probably recognize that.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top