1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this the way around tint law?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by egres, May 6, 2013.

1. Jul 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    RPD STARS

RPD STARS Turn up the good, turn down the suck!

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    2010 Raptor
    Go Faster Retrozzz... Drop in Dry Flow, Blowfaster Delta 50, 315/70/17 BFG Stock Action
    What?! Is this what i have to look forward to? ughhh... i only have a few more months of being cool lol. I have my fronts at 35% which is a no go here :spy: but honestly the only guys there are gonna hit you for it are the vehicle inspection units...

2. Jul 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    egres

egres [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DELCO PA
    Vehicle:
    13 singel cab 2X4 manual 17K before tax:)
    Bench-seat covers $180 (Can’t believe it’s not leather),Bed Liner $375 (Bed rug), Roof rack $180 (Rhino-rack 2500 Series, plus DK clamps and pads), Modified Bed extender $85 (Extend-A-Truck 944 Truck Bed Extender), Hood lift assist $80 (RedlineTuning), Hood light $53 (tacomaworld.com “tacodane”), Hitch receiver $120 (Curt Manufacturing 13323 Class III Receiver), T connector for trailer $43 (CURT Manufacturing 55513 T-Connector), Manuel tailgate lock $30 (gatekeeper tailgate lock), Tailgate assist $28 (Sachs SG329900EZ Lift Support), Tailgate lock $67 (Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Tailgate Lock PL5301), Spare tire lock $12 (Trimax ST30 Trimaflex Spare Tire Cable Lock), Hardwired battery float charger $20 (Schumacher SE-1-12S-CA Fully Automatic Onboard Battery Charger - 1.5 Amps) , Vin # Glass etching $33 (vinguard.org), Easy oil drain plug $30 (Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve), Floor mats $80 (Husky Liners 2-Piece Front Liner 2-Piece Front Liner), out of space :)
    Well, there's something better but more $$$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Dg9brbhbW80#at=41

$200 per door plus installation...
    http://agpglass.com/en/products/page/linea/vario_plus

A layer of tiny particles, (mostly crystals and polymers), are trapped between two other layers, these particles receive an electric impulse which results in the re-orientation of this emulsion to generate a “see through” surface, or an “opaque” surface when the particles are not being stimulated.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  3. Jul 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Kenwood CD, MTX/Jensen amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Sig'd!

4. Sep 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    DCGirl

DCGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    I have gotten fix it tickets twice. I wasn't trying to look cool. Was just tired of the sun on one side of my face and arm. Makes a difference in heavy traffic. Swinging the visor over doesn't do enough.

That agp glass looks interesting and with the money I wasted I could have paid for one window by now. I live in California. Anything beyond factory and I get pulled over. I averaged about 6 months getting away with it. I am getting the itch/annoyance again..

Would it look ridiculous just doing the drivers side? :D

5. Sep 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM
    LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    3" rough country lift leather
    I actually have illegal tint. Mostly for my car to look cool but partly because I drive to and from work in uniform, I rather not show that.
    I've only written one tint ticket though and that's because he had pretty dark tint on his windshield. Enough where I couldn't see him and really couldn't see his inspection sticker, it's really not a good feeling. I told him if he takes it off his windshield and shows it to me ill drop the ticket. Otherwise the courthouse will make him take the front windows off too. Told him to just always roll down both front and passenger windows and he won't have as many issues with police. Around here it's mostly officer safty issues.

6. Sep 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    y do all the cop cars in Fla have tint you cant see in,,, but no one else can have it??..

7. Sep 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    RCBS

RCBS "Cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag."

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    06 Main Runner OR
    The ridiculous windshield strip is what gets you pulled here. My side windows are illegal, but they arent rap artist dark. No visor strip. Rear and rear sides can be as dark as you like.

8. Sep 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumber technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
    Up in Canada , I had my front drivers and pass side tinted to 35% which is the legal limit here . I still find it warm inside the cab during the summer months and this is with the air cond running on high . Thats the only reason I am considering going darker

9. Sep 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    jmg256

jmg256 Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.

That's because the factory 'tint' provides for zero thermal/IR blocking/protection...it's just dark. You must apply aftermarket film to gain those properties...

You can find window film with no tint that will provide thermal protection, and vice versa (film that is way dark, with zero thermal properties.

Your windshield needs to be treated too, as much of the overall heat transfer happens there.

10. Sep 12, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ProComp 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Dynomax catback, Weathertech liners,Toyota bed mat, Silverstar Ultra's, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's,bedlights and other small stuff.
    :notsure:, I show up at our fleet, they point to a car they assigned to me and that's all the input I get. I personally don't like the dark tint. There are many a call or while cruising through neighbor hoods at night, I have to roll them down.

To Top