1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is this Wrong?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mws4ua, Jun 24, 2010.

?

Is it wrong to re-sell the free concert tickets?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2010.
  1. Yes, it's wrong - these people are conscienceless opportunists

58 vote(s)
    64.4%
  2. No, it's not wrong - these people are just smart capitalists

32 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. Jun 24, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    son of a damn bitch! you practially said exactly what i was thinking. this is getting re-goddamn-diculous. you are gonna have to leave this forum. i cant handle having an "opinion twin" anymore :p

2. Jun 24, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    if it were locals selling their tickets, that wouldn't bother me. but some dude in nebraska making a quick buck off this is immoral

3. Jun 24, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I grew up in a state that didn't allow 'scalping' and I was able to go to a concert. Now I live in a state and if I want decent seats, its at least $200 to see a decent concert. When I grew up the price of a concert was the same as the price of an album. I don't see many concerts now that I feel like I'm bending over to get a seat!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jun 24, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Smyrna, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD off-road.
    Bilstein 6112/5100. Icon progressive AAL. Overland Torque Tune. Toyota roof rack. Toyota bed extender. Gator trifold tonneau. Bora .75" wheel spacers. 265/75r16 tires.
    It's not taking advantage of anyone if they're willing to buy it.

5. Jun 24, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    wareagle5693

wareagle5693 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    3" Spacer Lift, with Bilstein 5100s front and rear, BHLM, Satoshi grill, Blacked out tail lights, Midland CB radio, 4' Radio Shack antenna mounted in the bed, Volant CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Magellan GPS, debadged, aries bull bar, pro comp 7089 wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6200BT head unit, eagle eyes halo projector, 8000K DDM tuning HID bulb
    Shit, I forgot you're Coast Guard... haha yea I kinda doubt you're gonna be able to go.

6. Jun 24, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    waynesworld

waynesworld Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    wayne
    hampton ,va
    Vehicle:
    05 trd off road 4x4 dcsb auto silver streak
    rancho lift 2in rs9000shocks on front,avs in channel vent visors,tacoma entry guards,oem bed extender,weathertech floor mats,access vanish bed cover,tailgate mod ,alpine stereo,xm stereo.trd skidplate.mobil 1 extended performance oil, avid light bar
    :eek:yea it's wrong 2 sell em:eek:

7. Jun 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    yes thats bullshit. if i got them for free, especially for what they are supporting, im not gonna go selling them for a profit. thats not right.

8. Jun 24, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    Griztaco

Griztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    It seems wrong, but I will attempt to reason it.

So the tickets are free, then they are sold for a excellent profit. The profiteers then take the "free" money they obtained to purchase other commodities. The business owners who receive money from those transactions then have more money to spend and so on, and so on....

doesn't that process alone stimulate the economy? Maybe thats what the organizers wanted? Otherwise how is it this process will stimulate the economy if they were not being traded? I don't see how going to a free concert stimulates the economy any more than not going to a concert at all?

This sort of thing happens all the time when there is a large demand for something.

I'm no economist so correct me if I'm wrong

9. Jun 25, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The point of the free tickets was to coax people to come down to the Gulf Coast. Jimmy Buffet does like 4 concerts a year....So that would convince a LOT of Parrotheads to come visit the area.
    Yes-There will be stimulation to the economy nation wide- but the point of the concert was to stimulate the economy in the Gulf Coast region...Folks all over are hurting- but in a slow economy and then having the entire town/county/region come to a grinding halt....Very different to watch a region dry up and die vice watching construction or some other business come to an end...

10. Jun 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    middiedefense

middiedefense like a boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    GA, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab. V6, 6spd, sr5, 4x4, OME 3" kit
    OME 3" Complete kit, TRD O/R Wheels (rattle can flat black), Black Badges, Ultra Gauge
    Why not just sell the gulf coast to Mexico and cut our losses

Products Discussed in

To Top