1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is your Dealer "Ligning" up

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nick54, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    After installing your Billies, did anyone have a problem getting your dealership to realign you truck?

2. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    Rossi396

Rossi396 Rossi396

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White TRD Off Road Short Bed
    TRD Filter, Running Boards, Vent Visors, Extang-Trifecta, Bed Mat & Extender, Pop N' Lock, WeatherTech's, Fog Lights Anytime and of course...I cut the antenna!
    If you're talking about doing this in conjuction with the Leaf TSB, my truck didn't require the new shocks, but still got an alignment. It's right in the TSB. Both trucks (whether they have the Bilsteins or not) require an alignment.

Rossi

3. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    I got the TSB done a couple of months ago and they aligned the truck, now I'm adding the 5100s all around and lifting the front 1.75. As I understand this requires an alignment again. So I guess the question centers more around will the dealer align my truck after a lift I install?

4. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    Rossi396

Rossi396 Rossi396

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White TRD Off Road Short Bed
    TRD Filter, Running Boards, Vent Visors, Extang-Trifecta, Bed Mat & Extender, Pop N' Lock, WeatherTech's, Fog Lights Anytime and of course...I cut the antenna!
    If you're just taking it in to have it aligned, I'm not sure why they wouldn't...? Maybe you're referring to them not wanting to touch it because of the lift and warranty implications. Not sure there.

If you're worried about warranty implications with the dealer, maybe you could take it to a reputable tire installer instead. You're going to have to pay the dealer to do it anyway.

5. Jan 13, 2011 at 7:59 AM
    miketv

miketv Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR 6spd
    comming soon!
    Are you wanting the dealer to align your truck under warranty after you put aftermarket parts on?
    To be honest, I've had better alignments with a local shop (more experience) and it was about 1/2 the price of what the dealership charged.

6. Jan 13, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Oh no, I'm not expecting this to be warranty work, just concerned they may not want to touch it because of the lift. I suppose I should consider a local alignment shop too. Thanks

7. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    kws129

kws129 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road Double Cab
    You shouldn't have a proble I had the dealership align my truck after I put my 5100's on without any problem. They gave me the print out from the final readings on the alignment rack and the whole nine yards.

8. Jan 13, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Go to tire barn or another tire dealer, "stealerships" prices are crazy!

To Top