1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is your local dealer willing to deal in this economy??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aaronk, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    aaronk

aaronk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Dbl Cab V6 TRD
    Sat down the local dealer today to trade in my 08 Access for an 09 Double. They would not budge from $600 over dealer invoice for the 09, which is the Costco price. I would think with the economy the way it is I should easily be able to get invoice, or better yet below.

Sticker was 31,080 with invoice 28,961, remember this all pre-tax too. First of all, the Pacific NW must be a lot different than other markets as I've seen prices on here that are ridiculously low compared to this area. Second, my local dealer must not be hurting too much (maybe they get a lot of Canadian business :confused:, I live in a border town..) For those that have recently purchased, how hard-up did your dealer seem, where they willing to deal at all? Do you think the economy affected your price at all?

2. Jun 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    I used the edmunds quote/dealer finder and found toyota of the desert in palm springs CA. I can not say enough good things about my experience thus far - my truck is on transport to me now, so I'm not quite done - but my price was well below invoice.

PM me if youre interested and I will refer my fleet manager I worked with. She rocked it, hard.

3. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    sweater914

sweater914 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '09 I4 5spd Access Cab Timberland Mica SR5
    It depends on the area, but $600 above invoice is still a good deal. For the folks who paid below invoice good for them, more power to'em. There are to many variables in each transaction as to why they received such a good deal. The dealership still has to make money to survive, it's a business, as much as we might bitch about shop rates, parts costs, service, etc.

I paid about the same (over invoice) for my wife's Taco in Jan, purchased in Billings, MT. Dealerships are slowly selling their stock and Toyota isn't building vehicles at a furious pace, so bargaining until the salesman is in the fetal position, weepering in the corner cube has to end somewhere.

Products Discussed in

To Top